Mazda3 clunk

Old May 5th 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default Mazda3 clunk

"andy-k" <no.email@address> wrote in message
> pws wrote:
>> Having known Chris for a number of years now, I can guarantee you that he
>> is being sincere.

> Dang! I hate having to apologize ;-)
> Sorry Chris -- my bad.

Not necessary! Text is not so easy to interpret the subtleties! I have
actually spent allot of time (driving time) with a buddy that has a quite
capable '3' even with the little engine! 2 liter, iirc. He can even hang
with me pretty good on the twisty stuff!

Chris
99BBB

Old May 5th 10, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-05-04, pws > wrote:

> From this era, the Acura NSX, the last RX-7 design and, of course, the
> Miata all come to mind immediately.

The 3rd gen RX7 was a beautiful car. And with the bi-turbo...

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Like I always say
at -- nothing can beat
Old May 5th 10, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

On Wed, 05 May 2010 03:22:31 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2010-05-04, pws > wrote:
>
>> From this era, the Acura NSX, the last RX-7 design and, of course, the
>> Miata all come to mind immediately.

> The 3rd gen RX7 was a beautiful car. And with the bi-turbo...

As great as the 3rd gen RX7 is, I don't think it compares to the NSX.
You have to admire a company that says cost be damned, make the
lightest, best car you possibly can. It was probably the most vice-free
supercar in the world when it came out.

Not many people think of Japanese cars as being collectable, but imho
decent, early NSX's are going to be worth a lot of money some day.
Old May 5th 10, 10:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
andy-k

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> "andy-k" wrote:
>> Dang! I hate having to apologize ;-)
>> Sorry Chris -- my bad.
>>

> Not necessary! Text is not so easy to interpret the subtleties!

You're a gentleman Chris.

Old May 5th 10, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Carbon wrote:
> On Wed, 05 May 2010 03:22:31 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2010-05-04, pws > wrote:
>>
>>> From this era, the Acura NSX, the last RX-7 design and, of course, the
>>> Miata all come to mind immediately.

>> The 3rd gen RX7 was a beautiful car. And with the bi-turbo...

> As great as the 3rd gen RX7 is, I don't think it compares to the NSX.
> You have to admire a company that says cost be damned, make the
> lightest, best car you possibly can. It was probably the most vice-free
> supercar in the world when it came out.
>
> Not many people think of Japanese cars as being collectable, but imho
> decent, early NSX's are going to be worth a lot of money some day.

I have been in love with the NSX since it was introduced when I was 21.
A person at the building where I worked in the early 90's drove a black
one, my favorite color too.

My boss at the time drove a Lambo Diablo, and one programmer at the
company drove a red Ferrari Testarossa, but I liked the NSX the best out
of the 3 cars, at least looks-wise.

I never could convince any of them to let me take their pricey rides for
a spin.......

Pat
Old May 5th 10, 01:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2010-05-04, pws > wrote:
>
>> From this era, the Acura NSX, the last RX-7 design and, of course, the
>> Miata all come to mind immediately.

> The 3rd gen RX7 was a beautiful car. And with the bi-turbo...

It was/is beautiful.

One model that I left out that I don't find as attractive, but still
nice-looking, was the last generation 300ZX twin turbo.

My brother had a 1992 model and that car was very fun to drive. The
driver controls were perfectly placed.

Just one more sports car that bit the bullet, at least for the American
buyers, during the mid-1990's.

Pat
Old May 7th 10, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"andy-k" <no.email@address> wrote in message
> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>> "andy-k" wrote:
>>> Dang! I hate having to apologize ;-)
>>> Sorry Chris -- my bad.
>>>

>> Not necessary! Text is not so easy to interpret the subtleties!

> You're a gentleman Chris.

And you're too kind, now, stop it before they accuse us of being gay Miata
guys ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old May 7th 10, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"pws" > wrote in message >
> Just one more sports car that bit the bullet, at least for the American
> buyers, during the mid-1990's.
>
> Pat

If you recall (and you probably do), all of the sports cars gone fat GT
cars, decided to get serious at about the same time. Similar philosophy,
don't worry about what it costs, make it perform and they will buy it! Well,
one or two companies might have been able to pull it off but with Mazda,
Nissan, Toyota and even Mitsu (iirc), there just weren't enough serious car
guys willing to spend serious cash (they were all about $40k) for a high end
Japanese sports car and they all died like the dinosaurs :-(

When they (RX8 and 350Z) came back around, they were similar performance at
about what, $25~$30k and about 10 years later. You gotta love technology!

Chris
99BBB

Old May 7th 10, 12:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
andy-k

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> And you're too kind, now, stop it before they accuse us of being gay
> Miata guys ;-)

Oh right... sarcasm, huh?
Just kidding ;-)
Hugs and kisses,
Andy.

Old May 7th 10, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> "pws" > wrote in message >
>> Just one more sports car that bit the bullet, at least for the
>> American buyers, during the mid-1990's.
>>
>> Pat

> If you recall (and you probably do), all of the sports cars gone fat GT
> cars, decided to get serious at about the same time. Similar philosophy,
> don't worry about what it costs, make it perform and they will buy it!
> Well, one or two companies might have been able to pull it off but with
> Mazda, Nissan, Toyota and even Mitsu (iirc), there just weren't enough
> serious car guys willing to spend serious cash (they were all about
> $40k) for a high end Japanese sports car and they all died like the
> dinosaurs :-(
>
> When they (RX8 and 350Z) came back around, they were similar performance
> at about what, $25~$30k and about 10 years later. You gotta love
> technology!
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

So true. The Supra is another one. I never did like how they looked in
general, but I rode in a modified Supra once and it was pretty fast.

The most expensive car I have bought to date was under $15,000, and the
cars that I am looking at now are ranging from $11,000 to about $16,000.

Those $40,000.00+ vehicles are still nicely out of my range. I'm not
ever sure what I would buy if I had 40 or 50 grand to spend on a single
car.

Pat

1996 XJ Clunk, Clunk, Clunk bw-fl Jeep 9 November 16th 09 02:32 AM
Need opinions about MAZDA3 Lisa[_2_] Driving 3 March 5th 08 06:12 AM
Honda Civic EX vs Mazda3 S nash123 Honda 12 June 25th 05 05:18 AM
Any Mazda3 owners around here? Xavier Mazda 8 March 28th 05 12:24 AM