Chrysler recalls 45,000 sedans to fix brakes

Old May 16th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Chrysler recalls 45,000 sedans to fix brakes

Not sure this was already posted:

WASHINGTON - DaimlerChrysler AG said Friday that it was recalling about
45,000 Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Magnum sedans for repairs to
prevent brake fluid leakage that could lead to engine compartment fires.

DaimlerChrysler said the recall affects 2006 model-year vehicles with 2.7
liter engines. In some cases, the exhaust gas recirculation tube could come
into contact with the brake tubes, leading to brake fluid leaking and a
fire.

DaimlerChrysler spokesman Max Gates said the automaker was aware of nine
reported engine fires. He said there have been no reports of crashes,
injuries or property damage.

The recall will involve inspecting the rear brake tubes for damage and
replacement if necessary. Technicians also will install a clip on all the
vehicles to secure the brake tubes and maintain proper clearance from the
exhaust tube.

Gates said owners likely would be notified later this month.

DaimlerChrysler also said it would recall nearly 7,000 2006 Jeep Wranglers
equipped with 6-speed manual transmissions because of potential problems
with the clutch.

The automaker said the hydraulic clutch master cylinder rod could break,
which could make it difficult for the clutch to disengage when the pedal is
depressed.

Gates said the defect could prevent movement, lead to increased stopping
distances and engine stalling. The company said it has received 17
complaints and no reports of crashes, injuries or property damage. Owners
also are expected to be notified of the recall later in the month.

In both recalls, the vehicles will be repaired at no charge to owners.

Old May 16th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

The 2.7 engine is inadequate for the 300. Those owners really don't need
operational brakes anyway.

nk.net...

Old May 17th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I think the 3.5 is too but my power needs will differ from many ;-)
We all hear about it in the Pacifica.

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

k.net...

Old May 19th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I would still like to see the Hemi in the Pacifica :-)

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
From Broadway bright the tubes run right
Into the Road of Anthracite"
Erie - Lackawanna

nk.net...

Old May 22nd 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Art wrote:

> I think the 3.5 is adequate in the 300 though the hemi is definitely quieter
> and smoother (and obviously faster). Too bad Chrysler can't come up with a
> better 6. I've heard they are supposed to be working on improvements to the
> 3.5.

The 3.5 is a superb engine- there's nothing wrong with it at all. They
are coming out with a slightly larger displacement version of it for
more power, but (hopefully) not messing with the design.

Old May 23rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Steve wrote:
> Art wrote:
>
>> I think the 3.5 is adequate in the 300 though the hemi is definitely
>> quieter and smoother (and obviously faster). Too bad Chrysler can't
>> come up with a better 6. I've heard they are supposed to be working
>> on improvements to the 3.5.

> The 3.5 is a superb engine- there's nothing wrong with it at all. They
> are coming out with a slightly larger displacement version of it for
> more power, but (hopefully) not messing with the design.

BUT WILL IT BE INTERFERENCE? (sorry Steve - couldn't resist)

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old May 24th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Why are there so many interference engines? Is this something limited to six
ad four cylinder engines? Why not use chain driven one like the Audi?

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.