Beijing's Third Ring Road

Old December 28th 07, 07:45 PM posted to soc.culture.china,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Beijing's Third Ring Road

Hi Viatologists,

It comes w/ deep sadness that former Pakistani Prime Minster Bhutto has
passed. As a symbol of progressive thought in a country w/ vocal and active
extremists, Ms Bhutto helped modernise the perception and belongingness of
women in the government. Her assassination is a step backwards for a
promising country that has shown great signs of stability since the
partition took place. From Karachi to Lahore to Islamabad to the Northern
Areas, the country will undergo solace and reflection over the next three
days. The Worldwide Highway Library offers its condolences to anyone of
Pakistani descent who is affected by the tragedy--this horrendous act does
not reflect Pakistan's people as a whole. The wheels of motion must move
forward, and in doing so, so will progress.

The Worldwide Highway Library continues its venture into Beijing, the
capital of the PRC. The past couple days, we took a look at some radial
roads in the Northern City: the Badaling Expressway and the Airport
Expressway. Today, we begin a venture into the ring roads that support the
radii. There are five ring roads today in Beijing, with the sixth being
planned today! The Third Ring Road is the secondmost one of the five.

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/bei...ring-road.html

(If you're scratching your head, dón't be surprised. The "First Ring
Road"--a symbolic afterthought for city-centre--doesn't exist.)

The Third Ring Road is the "road-centric" liaison between old town and new.
#3 offers a connection to all radial expressways, and in doing so, is the
busiest ring road in the municipality. It helps deter traffic from the
Second Ring Road, which forms a more intimate snuggle around old town.

!پھر ملینگے

Carl Rogers
"Adding human experience to transportology"
********
Calrog.com, Worldwide Highway Library:
http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in International Transportation Research. Has
served your home country and ninety-nine of its worldwide neighbours
since 2000, through Internet downstream and published works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********

Old December 28th 07, 09:31 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Jason Pawloski

On Dec 28, 12:38*pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:45:59 GMT, "Carl Rogers"
>
> > wrote:
> >Hi Viatologists,

> Hi, Sciontologist!
>
> >(If you're scratching your head, dón't be surprised. *

> I'm scratching my head, all right. WTF does the assassination of
> Benazir Bhutto have to do with the price of roads in China?

Yeah that was a stretch even for him.
Old December 28th 07, 09:34 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Jason Pawloski

On Dec 28, 12:38*pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:45:59 GMT, "Carl Rogers"
>
> > wrote:
> >Hi Viatologists,

> Hi, Sciontologist!
>
> >(If you're scratching your head, dón't be surprised. *

> I'm scratching my head, all right. WTF does the assassination of
> Benazir Bhutto have to do with the price of roads in China?

Has Carl gone bonkers? Go into his Google Groups history and click on
any of the posts in a group that doesn't belong (rec.ponds.moderated;
rec.music.christian; alt.non.racism; sci.chem, etc).

I'm guessing it's more likely Google Groups crapping out than anything
else, but that's still strange.
Old December 28th 07, 10:21 PM posted to soc.culture.china,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Luxury Yacht

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
. net...
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> It comes w/ deep sadness that former Pakistani Prime Minster Bhutto has
> passed. As a symbol of progressive thought in a country w/ vocal and
> active extremists, Ms Bhutto helped modernise the perception and
> belongingness of women in the government. Her assassination is a step
> backwards for a promising country that has shown great signs of stability
> since the partition took place. From Karachi to Lahore to Islamabad to
> the Northern Areas, the country will undergo solace and reflection over
> the next three days.

Yea, rioting is a sign of great solace.

The Worldwide Highway Library offers its condolences to anyone of
> Pakistani descent who is affected by the tragedy--this horrendous act does
> not reflect Pakistan's people as a whole. The wheels of motion must move
> forward, and in doing so, so will progress.

A library can not offer condolences. A physical object can to convey human
expression. It's not even proper personification.

> The Worldwide Highway Library continues its venture into Beijing, the
> capital of the PRC. The past couple days, we took a look at some radial
> roads in the Northern City: the Badaling Expressway and the Airport
> Expressway. Today, we begin a venture into the ring roads that support
> the radii. There are five ring roads today in Beijing, with the sixth
> being planned today! The Third Ring Road is the secondmost one of the
> five.
>
> http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/bei...ring-road.html
>
> (If you're scratching your head, dón't be surprised. The "First Ring
> Road"--a symbolic afterthought for city-centre--doesn't exist.)
>
> The Third Ring Road is the "road-centric" liaison between old town and
> new. #3 offers a connection to all radial expressways, and in doing so, is
> the busiest ring road in the municipality. It helps deter traffic from
> the Second Ring Road, which forms a more intimate snuggle around old town.

Since you made up your own names for the roads in Japan are these made up,
too? Could you let us know when you're making names up and when you're
using widely utilized naming conventions please.

Thanks.

!??? ??????

That's cute. Who do you think is reading this? All the Urdu speaking
members of MTR are in morning.

--
Don't forget to have your troll spayed or neutered

Old December 28th 07, 10:50 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
EAST COAST HIVE MIND[_2_]

Jason Pawloski wrote:

> On Dec 28, 12:38Â*pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:45:59 GMT, "Carl Rogers"
>>
>> > wrote:
>> >Hi Viatologists,

>> Hi, Sciontologist!
>>
>> >(If you're scratching your head, dón't be surprised.

>> I'm scratching my head, all right. WTF does the assassination of
>> Benazir Bhutto have to do with the price of roads in China?

> Yeah that was a stretch even for him.

Not really, it's pretty classic CalQaeda. Exploit an unrelated tragedy so as
he can show us all how 'progressive' he is. Purely a self-serving action on
his part.

--
Comrade Mister Otto the Duke of Yamamoto
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com
Old December 28th 07, 11:23 PM posted to soc.culture.china,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
PaPaPeng

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:21:24 -0600, "Luxury Yacht"
> wrote:

>Since you made up your own names for the roads in Japan are these made up,
>too? Could you let us know when you're making names up and when you're
>using widely utilized naming conventions please.
>
>Thanks.

See the map in
http://www.chinaodysseytours.com/map...p-overview.gif

Google for other maps.

The road rectangle that defines the perimeter of the Forbidden City is
the First Ring Road but normally not called that. The southern leg of
this 1RR is the Changan Avenue at Tienanmen Square. In the low
resolution map the Second and the Third Ring Roads are quite obvious.
Larger maps will display similar RR landmarks. These Ring Roads
monikers are commonly used to describe them. The Chinese names are
hard to remember (for non residents). RRs so described provide a very
convenient reference point for it describes the major thoroughfares,
of at least three lanes and as much as six lanes one way. Each RR is
approximately three(?) miles apart. China's street maps are
notoriously devoid of distance scales, a hangover from the Cold War.
The RRs have distinctly identifiable north, east, south and west
legs. So its very easy to describe where you are and where you want
to go accurately in location and in distance. And for the person on
the ground it is also very easy to observe the change in road width,
roadside ancillary structures, in traffic characteristics to easily
count the RRs from your point of origin (as in riding a bus or taxi or
driving) and get to your destination with the least mistakes.
Old December 29th 07, 01:24 AM posted to soc.culture.china,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Luxury Yacht

"PaPaPeng" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:21:24 -0600, "Luxury Yacht"
> > wrote:
>

>>Since you made up your own names for the roads in Japan are these made up,
>>too? Could you let us know when you're making names up and when you're
>>using widely utilized naming conventions please.
>>
>>Thanks.

> See the map in
> http://www.chinaodysseytours.com/map...p-overview.gif
>
> Google for other maps.
>
> The road rectangle that defines the perimeter of the Forbidden City is
> the First Ring Road but normally not called that. The southern leg of
> this 1RR is the Changan Avenue at Tienanmen Square. In the low
> resolution map the Second and the Third Ring Roads are quite obvious.
> Larger maps will display similar RR landmarks. These Ring Roads
> monikers are commonly used to describe them. The Chinese names are
> hard to remember (for non residents).

Okay, so this time he did use them properly. But since, in the past, he has
chosen to call roads by names of choosing rather than their given names.
Hence my desire to have Carl clarify the situation.

You do understand the source of the problem, don't you?

--
Don't forget to have your troll spayed or neutered

Old December 29th 07, 01:25 AM posted to soc.culture.china,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Luxury Yacht

Old December 29th 07, 03:22 AM posted to soc.culture.china,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
PaPaPeng

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:24:46 -0600, "Luxury Yacht"
> wrote:

>You do understand the source of the problem, don't you?

Dunno. Carl is new to <soc.culture.china >. I would think a post on
roads should be pretty uncontroversial.
Old December 29th 07, 03:54 AM posted to soc.culture.china, misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Froggie

On Dec 28, 9:22*pm, PaPaPeng > wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:24:46 -0600, "Luxury Yacht"
>
> > wrote:
> >You do understand the source of the problem, don't you?

> Dunno. *Carl is new to <soc.culture.china >. *I would think a post on
> roads should be pretty uncontroversial.

Usually not, but the poster in question has often made "posts on
roads" where the information was clearly wrong. Nevermind that his
posts read like something out of a bad commercial...

Froggie