07 Mustang little problems

Old July 25th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 07 Mustang little problems

The shoulder harness on my Mustang gets tighter and tighter and tighter;
it never stops getting tighter. I have to pull slack into it about
every 10 minutes. They replaced the reel under warranty but it is only
slightly improved. None of my other cars do this. Any one else have
this? How did you fix it?

Second. The brakes. This is the spongiest brake pedal I have ever had
on a car. It was bled but no improvement. Are they all like this?

Thanks,

Norm

Old August 11th 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Lazimodo

| The shoulder harness on my Mustang gets tighter and
tighter and tighter;
| it never stops getting tighter. I have to pull slack into
it about
| every 10 minutes. They replaced the reel under warranty
but it is only
| slightly improved. None of my other cars do this. Any one
else have
| this? How did you fix it?

You should be flattered. Your 'Stang' loves you. LOL.

Seriously, are your physical dimensions accomodated by the
seat and wheel adjustment. My wife who is small, drives with
the seat full up and forward and has complained about the
same issue, occasionally, while its not affected me. Also
G-Force activates the lock reel and after that, every time
you breath, it gets tighter, and will reel you in like a
trout. You will appreciate this if you ever experience high
G decelaration (crash). You might get home again with your
egg unbroken.

| Second. The brakes. This is the spongiest brake pedal I
have ever had
| on a car. It was bled but no improvement. Are they all
like this?

ABS can have that affect due to the front rear weight
differential in rear wheelers. Can you lock em up? Find an
empty wet parking lot and jab 'em. Uneven tire pressure can
also affect ABS sensors. Brakes need to be cleaned too.

Mustang brakes are amongst the best factory performers. 70
ft @ 60 mph. Moose vs Mustang...If Mustang can't stop, Moose
wins.LOL Our 2006 work very well.

This happened to us one night in 1988 driving in my 5.0
litre, 5-spd, white LX...Two moose in our lane, one for me
....one for the wife, walking ass on to us ...almost
invisible...full lights up with aux's on ...in a turn...I
spied them at the very last second and floored the
brakes...right to the fire wall. From 70 mph she bounced
once and stopped. Broke a band in one of her Gaterbacks.
400.00 bucks but still alive.

The seatbelts worked too...

Old August 13th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
udontknowme

I wondered about my 07 GT when I bought it because it also seemed al little
soft. Then I had someone pull out in front of me while I was driving. I
hit the brakes hard and the car stopped in very short order. Without the
ABS I would most certainly locked them up and slammed into the other car. I
was amazed at how short the distance was from the time I hit the pedal and
when I came to a stop. As for the seatbelt problem, I haven't experienced
that at all in the 10 months I have had the car.

Old August 13th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

89 mustang problems J Ford Mustang 0 November 3rd 06 12:16 AM
97 Ford Mustang - Problems verticalmojo Ford Mustang 2 October 25th 06 04:35 PM
'67 Mustang Electrical Problems Bob Vitas Ford Mustang 1 October 21st 06 03:09 AM
05 Mustang GT Problems Rick Ford Mustang 3 October 5th 05 04:35 PM
94 mustang having problems sammy3smith Ford Mustang 4 February 21st 05 03:04 AM