Tie-rod ends

Old March 23rd 07, 11:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Default Tie-rod ends

Sorry, don't have the prior post/thread on this computer.

Someone posted regarding a click that happened in a C5 or C6 during
turns. IIRC, post said that dealer diagnosed it as tie-rod ends and
replaced all of them.

My '02 was in for a routine tire check yesterday & they found a loose
right outer rod end. I estimated 30-40 '1000ths of slop. Inner right
and left side were OK. Nothing noticeable in active handling or any
unusual noises/feelings; however, driving home in city traffic the car
did feel a bit more agile. Odometer: 24,500 miles.

No great expense -- $167 including front alignment at an independent
Tire, Brake and Suspension shop. FWIW, car just went beyond its 5 year
extended warranty. Donno if a rod end is considered a 'wear item.'
However, if anyone is nearing the end of an extended warranty, this
might be a good time to check front suspension play.

Maybe these are wearing out a bit faster than they used to. (My C4 is
at 60K miles and hasn't needed any front end parts.)

History: Wheel balance wasn't great when I got the car at 18K (tread
wasn't deeply worn so it may have been on the second set of tires). I
changed from run flats to conventional tires well before 19K. I think
the first owner drove it as a weekend fun car, as do I.

--
PJ

Dodge Rear Ends Abby Normal[_1_] Dodge 7 July 25th 06 02:49 AM
Tie rod ends DanFXR Jeep 6 November 14th 05 12:25 AM
FA ends today 2pm 5.0 87-88 Hooked 87 Ford Mustang 0 February 12th 05 04:00 PM
TIE ROD ENDS jc Chrysler 2 December 19th 04 01:41 PM
Passat tie rod ends steveg VW water cooled 7 November 13th 04 04:36 PM