Shift Kits - What are they all about?

Old February 14th 05, 04:19 AM
.boB

Default Shift Kits - What are they all about?

MJT wrote:

> I found lots of sources for shift kits, but nothing about what they do and
> why you might want one. Since I'm looking for easy, cheap, reversible
> performance mods, can anyone shed some light on this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michel.
> 1965 Convertible Mustang C4 Automatic.

You've probably noticed that your C4 shifts a
little lazily. Kind of like driving a car on a sunny
day, just taking it easy and shifting nice and slow.
Great for everyday driving, lousy for performance.
Now imagine shifting your 5 speed at the race
track. A lot of gear slamming and clutch dropping.
You feel every shift like a kick in the behind,
sometimes even chirping the tires on a shift if you're
not carefull.
That's what a shift kit does for your auto. Makes
the shift much faster, and therefore somewhat harder on
your backside. Great for performance, not so great
for a smooth ride and can be tough on the equipment.
Fortunatly, a good shift kit has various levels of
performance, from a little snappy to full race trim.
It makes the car a little quicker, and feel a little
better. It can also raise the shift point to match
your engine combo and driving conditions.

www.transgo.com/faq.html

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Old February 14th 05, 04:32 AM
Wound Up

> www.transgo.com/faq.html

NO!!! PLEASE GOD, SAVE US!!!

For God's sake, you're inviting the Devil's Own Bitch back in here with
that name!

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

2005 Ford Explorer 4x4 Auto [email protected] Ford Explorer 3 March 31st 05 01:33 PM
Automatic Shift Patterns [email protected] Antique cars 1 February 3rd 05 09:20 PM
"Shift to D2" Light Mook Saturn 2 November 5th 04 05:54 PM
97 Cabrio Shift Linkage Scott Metzger VW water cooled 1 October 6th 04 03:58 AM
88 Aries Shift Points Dave libbey Dodge 3 May 7th 04 05:59 AM