1990 Honda Accord wont turn over

Old May 23rd 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 1990 Honda Accord wont turn over

Hi, I have a 1990 Honda accord ran fine sat about a week not it wont
even try to turn the motor over.When I parked it it ran fine battery
seems to be charged good headlights interior lights also tried jumping
it no luck.This car had a relay fit before but after pounding on the
dash it started.This is different wont crank at all.Any ideas of what
the problem may be?Thanks in advance

Old May 23rd 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

In article . com>,
" > wrote:

Hi, I have a 1990 Honda accord ran fine sat about a week not it wont
even try to turn the motor over.When I parked it it ran fine battery
seems to be charged good headlights interior lights also tried jumping
it no luck.This car had a relay fit before but after pounding on the
dash it started.This is different wont crank at all.Any ideas of what
the problem may be?Thanks in advance

I checked my Haynes Repair Manual and copied these items from the
section entitled: Engine Will Not Rotate When Attempting To Start:
1. Battery related problems.
2. Auto. Trans. not completely engaged in Park or clutch
not completely depressed.
3. Broken, loose or disconnected wires in the starting circuit.
4. Starter motor pinion jammed in flywheel ring gear.
5. Starter motor faulty.
6. Starter solenoid faulty.
7. Ignition switch faulty.
8. Starter pinion or flywheel teeth worn or broken.
Old May 23rd 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

TOP POST

Try the ol' turn on the headlights and see what happens when you turn
the key. The headlights going out would indicate numbers 4,5, maybe 7,
and/or 8. Head lights staying on would be numbers 2,3,6,and/or maybe 7.

Old May 23rd 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Hi, I have a 1990 Honda accord ran fine sat about a week not it wont
> even try to turn the motor over.When I parked it it ran fine battery
> seems to be charged good headlights interior lights also tried jumping
> it no luck.This car had a relay fit before but after pounding on the
> dash it started.This is different wont crank at all.Any ideas of what
> the problem may be?Thanks in advance

Turn on your dome light. Now turn the key and watch the dome light. Does it
dim to nothing? If so, you've got a bad battery, bad battery cables or a
bad starter.

Have you actually checked the battery for voltage? At room temperature you
should get over 12.65V with a fully-charged battery.

Check out the battery cables and clean all the connections.

Make sure engine ground strap isn't broken or corroded.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old May 26th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I have a 93 Accord and mine recently cut off and wouldn't start. It was
trying but never could fire up. I found that the spark plugs were not
getting any spark because of a bad ignition coil or ignitor. I replaced
the part and is now working fine.

It might be worth looking into, if you haven't already.

Just Bought a 2006 Accord EX V-6 6 SPD CPE Tom Wallace Honda 24 April 2nd 06 03:28 AM
Honda Accord Coupe EX sam246 Honda 0 August 24th 05 10:12 AM
92 Honda Accord station wagon with EFI start up problems kathleen williamson Honda 10 August 16th 05 04:16 AM
1990 Honda Accord won't start when engine is warm punkyw Honda 8 May 12th 05 10:36 PM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM