2001 jeep renagade

Old February 2nd 08, 10:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jerry Bransford[_2_]

Default 2001 jeep renagade

Do you drive your engine ultra-conservatively? If so, it could be
full
of carbon (a common source of pinging) which needs to be removed. The

carbon continues to glow after the combustion stroke so during the
early
part of the next compression stroke, the glowing carbon ignites the
air-fuel mixture prematurely. If you think you might have been driving

that conservatively, spend a few days driving it ultra-aggressively by

revving to high rpms under wide-open throttle as much as possible to
blow the carbon out. Yes this is a legitimate technique that I didn't

just make up. There's another way which involves SLOWLY trickling 16
ounces of water into the air intake system as the engine runs to
scavenge the carbon deposits out... which is a highly effective method

so long as you don't pour the water in faster than a slow-(SLOW)
trickle. I take a few minutes to pour in 16 ounces... which leaves
the
combustion chambers sparkling clean, really... without any damage so
long as you take your time as described.

Jerry

bigblack wrote:
> im having problems with my engine pinging, ive used the best fuels

out
> there all diffrent brands and it still pings heaps and lacks power?

is it

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---
-------------= http://www.ugroups.com/ =-------------

Old February 4th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
98XJ

There's another way which involves SLOWLY trickling 16
>ounces of water into the air intake system as the engine runs to
>scavenge the carbon deposits out... which is a highly effective method
>
>so long as you don't pour the water in faster than a slow-(SLOW)
>trickle. I take a few minutes to pour in 16 ounces... which leaves
>the
>combustion chambers sparkling clean, really... without any damage so
>long as you take your time as described.
>
>Jerry
>
>bigblack wrote:
>> im having problems with my engine pinging, ive used the best fuels

>out
>> there all diffrent brands and it still pings heaps and lacks power?

>is it
>> possable that the timings out?????????? can amy body help me

I had heard once that if one had pinging or if higher octane fuels
were not available, a few moth balls (nitrobenzene) could be added
when re-filling the tank.

I told this to may late step-father who loved his old, (pinging) 2 dr
Mercedes. He had such good luck that afterwards, that for 20 years he
always carried a Ziplock of moth balls in the trunk and always added
some when re-fueling. I think it had over 300M miles when he died,
and his son still drives the car today.

I haven't needed to do this for my XJ, but I wouldn't hesitate.
For years, I regularly added them when re-filling my previous car,
with no known negative effects.

DISCLAIMER: I have not researched any environmental effects, BUT I
never had clogging of the cat converter with my prior car - a '97
Mercury Sable wagon - or any other side effects, after years. (I
guess I can't attribute the $3500 transmission failure at 56,000
miles... and, gee, then I got $3500 to trade it few months later - But
this isn't the palce for that rant (if I cared about Ford.)

\

2001 renagade bigblack Jeep 1 July 22nd 06 08:09 AM
2001 renagade bigblack Jeep 1 February 5th 06 11:13 AM
2001 jeep renagade bigblack Jeep 2 April 20th 05 08:32 AM
jeep wrangler renagade 2001 bigblack Jeep 7 March 17th 05 08:20 AM
2000 Jeep Wrangler Renagade package Kevin C. Jeep 4 February 26th 05 03:10 PM