2004 Accord vs 2007 civic

Old April 28th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2004 Accord vs 2007 civic

I am looking at two cars:

1) 2004 Accord EX I4 with 30k, AT
2) 2007 Civic EX AT

They are roughly the same price. I had 1995 Civic die on me--needs new
transmission, and I decided this is just a time to get a new ride.

I have driven the Civic, but not the Accord. The one thing I did not
like about the Civic was the emergency brake seemed to rub on my leg.
Getting in an out of the back seemed more difficult, but who cares

I am concerned about the Honda AT. My civic was a manual and I am
still on the same clutch at 140k! I have read millions of posts about
how ****ty Honda's AT are, primarily in Accords. Can someone explain
that to me? I would hate to dump money into an Accord only to have a
lemon on my hands.

Old April 28th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bob Jones

I would go for the Civic. It is more fuel economy and nimble.

I had a 04 Accord, the AT was quite smooth, no issue there. But the
workmanship is not as good as the early 90s accords. I did not like the
cheap plastics dashboard and the big silly turning knobs. I traded it in for
an RSX in only one year.

oups.com...

Old April 28th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Bob Jones wrote:
> I would go for the Civic. It is more fuel economy and nimble.

but no wishbones.

Old April 28th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bob Jones

I just can't tell the difference. After a while they all ride the same. I
would get a new car over a used one any day.

Old April 28th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff Johnson

Tough call. You get more car with the Accord. 30,000 miles should not
be much on an Accord or any Honda.

Old April 28th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bob Jones

More car, you mean more metal or more plastic? There is always a risk buying
a used car.

ups.com...

Old April 28th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bob Jones

And don't forget about the warranty.

Old April 28th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dick[_1_]

We have a 2003 Accord EX. In 2004 we bought a new 2004 Civic LX for
our granddaughter (she paid for it.) We drove it home (about 100
miles.) I know the new Civic's are really nice, but I have to say
there is really no comparison between an Accord and a Civic unless you
are just talking about something to get around town. When you get
them out on the road on a long trip, the Civic can't hold a candle to
the Accord when comparing ride comfort, performance and noise.
Especially in the mountains.

Dick

Old April 29th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bob Jones

Hey, some people needs a Rolls Royce to feel comfortable, others feel good
enough on a bike. I drive 50 miles on a beat up highway every day in a Civic
and find it enjoyable. You just need a break in period on a new car.

Old April 29th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dick[_1_]

True enough, but a Honda Accord is a long way from a Rolls. Try a
4,000 or 5,000 mile trip in that civic then get back to us on the
enjoyable part. Of course if you are under the age of 40 it probably
wouldn't make any difference anyway.

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:16:12 -0500, "Bob Jones" > wrote:

>Hey, some people needs a Rolls Royce to feel comfortable, others feel good
>enough on a bike. I drive 50 miles on a beat up highway every day in a Civic
>and find it enjoyable. You just need a break in period on a new car.
>
>"Dick" > wrote in message
.. .
>> We have a 2003 Accord EX. In 2004 we bought a new 2004 Civic LX for
>> our granddaughter (she paid for it.) We drove it home (about 100
>> miles.) I know the new Civic's are really nice, but I have to say
>> there is really no comparison between an Accord and a Civic unless you
>> are just talking about something to get around town. When you get
>> them out on the road on a long trip, the Civic can't hold a candle to
>> the Accord when comparing ride comfort, performance and noise.
>> Especially in the mountains.
>>
>> Dick
>>

>> On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:17:46 -0500, "Bob Jones" > wrote:
>>
>>>I just can't tell the difference. After a while they all ride the same. I
>>>would get a new car over a used one any day.

>> --

2007 Civic EX Rattle [email protected][_2_] Honda 1 March 6th 07 12:38 AM
2007 Civic EX vs. 2004 Accord EX planetx Honda 13 February 2nd 07 09:00 PM
'99 Civic vs Accord SQ Honda 4 May 4th 06 12:13 AM
Accord EX or Civic EX? harry Honda 0 February 22nd 06 04:12 AM
Is my '94 Accord today's Civic? [email protected] Honda 0 October 16th 05 04:26 PM