UAW forced to be paid as a Southern Foreign factory worker.

Old December 21st 08, 04:13 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Jim Higgins

Default UAW forced to be paid as a Southern Foreign factory worker.

On Dec 20, 8:52*pm, "80 Knight" <nospam> wrote:
> "Jack" > wrote in message

> > "Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
> s.com...
> >>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200....

> >> The article states that the southern japanese factory worker was offered
> >> to join the union bringing wages on par to its northern American worker
> >> but they opted to stay bare foot and po' for japanese pennies. How STUPID
> >> can people be! If they had simply joined the union they would be getting
> >> the same exact pay and benefits as the northern worker living a higher
> >> standard of life and there would have been an even playing field for all
> >> manufactures from the start. For years it has been said that the Japanese
> >> choose the southern worker simply to take advantage of there ignorance.. I
> >> guess the article proves they were right about that one. Now the northern
> >> worker will be forced to be dragged down to the level of pay of the
> >> southern worker. Its a simple question of is everyone on board to make a
> >> lot of money or will a segment of the community just drag others down to
> >> make a lesser amount of money???

> > So a bail will do what ?? *There's *hundreds of thousands of their cars
> > sitting unsold on car lots...oh yeah, lets get them back to work to make
> > many more thousands of cars that nobody wants so they came park them on
> > lots.

> You mean like the Ford F-150, or the Chevy Silverado? *You know, the #1 and
> #2 top selling vehicles?
>
> > I'd personally like to see all three go down the tubes...get rid of their
> > management, unions, and baggage. *Let the Jap companies buy up the corpses
> > and resurrect them into efficient concerns.

> Yes, what a very good thing we have the nice God-Like Japs to do everything
> for us, right? *Don't worry. *If enough idiots like you keep running things,
> the Japs will one day own the US, and the rest of the world. *Perhaps you
> will be happier then. *Oh, and when WWIII breaks out, and Japan is against
> us, they will build our weapons, and equipment too. *Just because they are
> nice. *Idiot.

Keep on buying junkers 80, Red Ink Rick depends on you for his bonus!
Old December 21st 08, 04:42 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Vic Smith

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:42:49 -0500, Mike Marlow
> wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:21:46 -0500, Rock Hardson cast forth these pearls of
>wisdom...:
>

>> Yeh...and its just fine to that Japanese CEO get billions in return for
>> paying workers $14 and hour to screw on a bolt over and over and over again
>> 8 hours a day. You try doing that and see if you don't go crazy.

>It does not matter if it drives them crazy. If they want more interesting
>work then let them get off their duff and get an education or develop
>skills that will afford them those opportunities. Boring work is not a
>justification for pay. If you don't have a lot to offer, you do the crummy
>work for the crummy pay.

I guess you weren't notified.
UAW workers are well paid for tedious "crummy" work.
And so are the non-UAW transplant autoworkers.
That might just blow a hole in your theory about what is well paid
work, and what is "have a lot to offer."

>> If you have
>> a job doing crazy mind draining activity at least make it worth your while
>> and get paid for it.

>At minimum wage those people would indeed be getting all the pay
>worthwhile. Don't like crazy mind draining activity? Then get off your
>duff and improve yourself. Quit crying about mind draining activity.

I repeat.
I guess you weren't notified.
UAW workers are well paid for tedious "crummy" work.
And so are the non-UAW transplant autoworkers.
They aren't paid minimum wage.
Sounds like that's disagreeable to your notions of fair pay.
Maybe you can form the MWU (minimum-wage union) to get it changed.
Just talk to some autoworkers and let them know what they are worth.
Start with some non-UAW Tennessee boys so's you don't get involved
in UAW business.
Let me know how that works out.

>> And I bet if your father was putting bread on your
>> table for screwing on a bolt, you would have no problem at all buying
>> American would you?

>I have no problem buying either American or import and my father is dead,
>so he's not putting bread on the table for screwing in a bolt. He did
>however, instill in us a drive to work for what you want and not rely on
>lame whines like "mind draining". He taught us that if we don't like where
>we are/what we're doing, then improve yourself in order to move on past it.
>You might want to try the same.

I hope he taught you that in general you have no sayso about peoples'
wages excepting your own.
And not to say in the face of the workers who tediously produce the
goods you consume that they are worth only minimum wage.
I'm guessing you already know that one way or another.
Now, why don't you go ahead and set minimum wage too.
Workers of the world need you badly.

--Vic
Old December 21st 08, 05:36 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
80 Knight[_3_]

"Jim Higgins" > wrote in message
On Dec 20, 8:52 pm, "80 Knight" <nospam> wrote:
> "Jack" > wrote in message

> > "Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
> s.com...
> >>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200...

> >> The article states that the southern japanese factory worker was
> >> offered
> >> to join the union bringing wages on par to its northern American worker
> >> but they opted to stay bare foot and po' for japanese pennies. How
> >> STUPID
> >> can people be! If they had simply joined the union they would be
> >> getting
> >> the same exact pay and benefits as the northern worker living a higher
> >> standard of life and there would have been an even playing field for
> >> all
> >> manufactures from the start. For years it has been said that the
> >> Japanese
> >> choose the southern worker simply to take advantage of there ignorance.
> >> guess the article proves they were right about that one. Now the
> >> northern
> >> worker will be forced to be dragged down to the level of pay of the
> >> southern worker. Its a simple question of is everyone on board to make
> >> lot of money or will a segment of the community just drag others down
> >> make a lesser amount of money???

> > So a bail will do what ?? There's hundreds of thousands of their cars
> > sitting unsold on car lots...oh yeah, lets get them back to work to make
> > many more thousands of cars that nobody wants so they came park them on
> > lots.

> You mean like the Ford F-150, or the Chevy Silverado? You know, the #1 and
> #2 top selling vehicles?
>
> > I'd personally like to see all three go down the tubes...get rid of
> > their
> > management, unions, and baggage. Let the Jap companies buy up the
> > corpses
> > and resurrect them into efficient concerns.

> Yes, what a very good thing we have the nice God-Like Japs to do
> everything
> for us, right? Don't worry. If enough idiots like you keep running things,
> the Japs will one day own the US, and the rest of the world. Perhaps you
> will be happier then. Oh, and when WWIII breaks out, and Japan is against
> us, they will build our weapons, and equipment too. Just because they are
> nice. Idiot.

Keep on buying junkers 80, Red Ink Rick depends on you for his bonus!

Keep on getting your welfare check, Jimmy.

Old December 22nd 08, 12:49 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
E. Meyer

On 12/20/08 4:20 PM, in article
,
" > wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2:35*pm, "e.meyer" > wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200...

>>> I got news for you, japanese are already in Mexico.
>>> The US is there because of the Bush/Clinton NAFTA sellout/New world Order
>>> BS.

>> Yes they are already in Mexico, and if the workers in the Southern US
>> states had sold out to the UAW, all those Southern US factories would
>> be gone, or never built in the first place.
>>
>> You are obviously a union troll.

> What do you do for a living?

I'm a retired engineer (from a US company). How about you?

Old December 22nd 08, 01:35 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:21:46 -0500, Rock Hardson wrote:

> I make it a point to NEVER buy any car, new or used, assembled by UAW
> dumb-**** overpaid slob morons...
>
> There is not a single UAW leak in possession of a skill set worth
> their extortionistic wage and benefit package. Back in the sixties,
> 8th. grade dropouts all over the country would wind up getting $25/hr.
> to slap hubcaps on Fords and Chevys. **** the UAW and anyone who
> supports them.
>
> Yeh...and its just fine to that Japanese CEO get billions in return for
> paying workers $14 and hour to screw on a bolt over and over and over again
> 8 hours a day. You try doing that and see if you don't go crazy. If you have
> a job doing crazy mind draining activity at least make it worth your while
> and get paid for it. And I bet if your father was putting bread on your
> table for screwing on a bolt, you would have no problem at all buying
> American would you?

At first I thought your original post was tongue-in-cheek and that you
were *FOR* UAW workers having their pay cut to match the pay of others
with similar jobs.

This post proves you really *ARE* as ignorant as your original post belies
you to be.

You don't really know anything about the car industry, do you?

Your last line in this post: if my father were putting bread on the table
screwing Toyotas together, why would I want to buy an American car?

Look through other posts I have made in other threads similar to this one.
I went and looked at an HHR. Two years ago. I am *STILL* waiting for the
car I asked for to show up: 171HP engine with a 5-speed. NO ONE HAS ONE!
It was listed as an option back in 2006.

I got fed up with waiting and bought yet another Toyota. The car I wanted
was sitting on the lot the second I drove in. It was the display piece.

Blame the workers? Maybe. Why should they get paid $25 an hour (~$68 with
benefits and pension figured in) when others do it for less?

Oh, and the workers for Japanese companies get rotated around the floor
and different lines so they don't get bored, and so they learn more. And
they also have the 'whistle' that will stop the entire factory when
defects are found.

Another Hammerhead post defending workers that shouldn't have jobs,
judging from the quality of the product they put out. If the Chinese sent
cars over here that were the same quality as US cars have been, you'd be
calling it "Cheap Chinese junk."

Old December 22nd 08, 01:38 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:42:49 -0500, Mike Marlow wrote:

>> And I bet if your father was putting bread on your
>> table for screwing on a bolt, you would have no problem at all buying
>> American would you?

> I have no problem buying either American or import and my father is dead,
> so he's not putting bread on the table for screwing in a bolt. He did
> however, instill in us a drive to work for what you want and not rely on
> lame whines like "mind draining". He taught us that if we don't like where
> we are/what we're doing, then improve yourself in order to move on past it.

LOL! Right-o.

I had some mind-numbing jobs for slightly better than minimum wage.
No union in sight So I went out asap and got another job.

Assembling cars can be dangerous, and there should be pay accounting for
that. But the current wage structure is ridiculous.

I was making less than autoworkers when I was assembling and testing
aircraft components. Of course, that was a bit more stimulating than
turning bolts...

Old December 22nd 08, 01:42 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 23:14:42 -0500, Rock Hardson wrote:

>> Yeh...and its just fine to that Japanese CEO get billions in return for
>> paying workers $14 and hour to screw on a bolt over and over and over
>> again
>> 8 hours a day. You try doing that and see if you don't go crazy. If you
>> have
>> a job doing crazy mind draining activity at least make it worth your while
>> and get paid for it. And I bet if your father was putting bread on your
>> table for screwing on a bolt, you would have no problem at all buying
>> American would you?- Hide quoted text -

> The UAW is living proof that one does not need to invest in oneself in
> terms of high skills and knowledge.

I am afraid I am lost...are you *FOR* UAW workers, or against???

This post leads me to believe you are against UAW. Make up your mind, will
ya?

IOW, this post says, "It's OK to remain stupid. The UAW will get your
money for you."

That's a good sentiment...Whew...

Old December 22nd 08, 02:21 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford

On Dec 21, 7:49*pm, "E. Meyer" > wrote:
> On 12/20/08 4:20 PM, in article
> ,
>

> " > wrote:

> >> Yes they are already in Mexico, and if the workers in the Southern US
> >> states had sold out to the UAW, all those Southern US factories would
> >> be gone, or never built in the first place.

> >> You are obviously a union troll.

> > What do you do for a living?

> I'm a retired engineer (from a US company). *How about you?

Still working at a Pharmaceutical company. They have finally got
around to outsourcing the entire messaging/IT departments. The
layoffs will happen June 2009, Dec 2009, and Aug 2010. Not sure which
one's net I will be caught in.

I think unions are getting some of the flak that should be directed to
our government. The government won't provide national healthcare
benefits but also enables companies to stop providing them because
that makes them too expensive compared to companies in other
countries. The government wants to get out of the retirement business
and offload Social Security to wall street but refuses to put limits
on wall street, and it enables companies to do away with retirement
pensions because providing them makes US companies less able to
compete with companies in other companies.

The government creates a market that permits all drug companies to
charge US citizens a much higher price for prescription drugs - enough
to make up for the loss of discounting prescription drugs to all
countries with national healthcare. It also makes it illegal to buy
the same drugs from Canada.

I think shooting for ideological purity will destroy all but the upper
class, the plutocrats; although how the plutocrats will continue to
exist without a working class who can afford to buy consumer goods is
beyond me.
Old December 22nd 08, 02:49 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Mark A[_2_]

> wrote in message
>
> I think unions are getting some of the flak that should be directed to
> our government. The government won't provide national healthcare
> benefits but also enables companies to stop providing them because
> that makes them too expensive compared to companies in other
> countries.

Nobody who works for a company with decent heath insurance is willing to
settle for the same kind of health care that is provided by those nations
with a national health care system. That is especially true of the UAW.

Old December 22nd 08, 02:52 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Rock Hardson

"Mark A" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
> .com...
>> Again your Glee in American job loss is showing. I just wonder what type
>> of work you do and long you could sustain a job loss.

> Here is a question for you:
>
> Suppose you were offered choice between these two:
>
> 1. Agree to only use gasoline made from crude oil produced in the US,
> which would result in a price of $2.50 per gallon.
>
> 2. Willing to purchase gasoline made from imported or US crude oil so that
> you only have to pay $1.50 per gallon and hundreds of thousands of US oil
> industry jobs would be lost.
>
> That's what I thought. Your buy American only counts when it applies to
> you.

So your point is Japanese cars cost thousands less than American cars? Thats
your reasoning for buying Japanese? The last time I looked japanese cost
about the same or more. Also your hypothetical question makes little sense
to compare a $1.50 per gallon product to a $20,000 product. Its like asking
would I buy a hershey bar made in the U.S or a German made chocolate bar.
Not only that, the number of American workers working on oil rigs will have
no major effect on the US economy.