Hemi Challenger

Old October 5th 07, 08:59 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

Default Hemi Challenger

"Tony D" > wrote in message
.. .
> WindsorFox wrote:
>> Michael Johnson wrote:

>>> Much of what we have in the cars of today are based in racing's roots. I
>>> have no doubt that if turbines were allowed to run at Indy and the rest
>>> of the cars would have to conform and also run turbines or be perpetual
>>> loosers. Had the Indy cars gone turbine back then the fans would be
>>> open to them in production cars and actually demand them to be built.
>>> Chrysler went down that road briefly but interest never developed. Had
>>> Indy let the turbines run things would probably have turned out
>>> differently.

>> The conspiracy theorists of course say that the car companies couldn't
>> have it because they last too long.
>>

> And of course, people who know what they're talking about would say that
> turbines are great for specific tasks but not suitable for passenger cars.

That could be said about most suitable power plants, early in their
development stages...
It may be true now, but that doesn't mean it will be later...

Old October 5th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

My Name Is Nobody wrote:
> "WindsorFox" > wrote in message
>> Toad Monster wrote:
>>> He can't post something that isn't there, if a poster has left a real
>>> email address in their Usenet postings, someone "REPOSTING" it, is not
>>> the problem... Spammers glean the headers too. That makes logical sense
>>> to me..All I did was re-copy what was already
>>> there to begin with...lol t/y
>>>

>> You posted headers in the body of the message.

> So what?
> Spammers glean the headers too.
> The spammers aren't actually reading the the millions of Usenet posts. It
> is done with software that reads the headers as well as the message body ...
>
> Fer Christ sake.

You think they don't sit there and read all the information too? How
do you think spammers got to be so smart??
It looked to me like wetv put stuff in the message that it shouldn't have.

--
"Are you da poe-lice?" "No ma'am, we're musicians."

"Too bad it wasn't "personality theft"...you'd be immune." - Herb Tarlek
Old October 5th 07, 09:36 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Tony D wrote:
> WindsorFox wrote:
>> Michael Johnson wrote:
>>
>> The conspiracy theorists of course say that the car companies
>> couldn't have it because they last too long.
>>

> And of course, people who know what they're talking about would say that
> turbines are great for specific tasks but not suitable for passenger cars.

I'm not so sure about that. You know there was a guy on one of those
cable shows a few years back who drove a turbine powered Vette. He drove
it normally in traffic. And then there's the GM/Jay Leno thing. Here is
an interesting article on the Chrysler turbine
http://www.turbinecar.com/sia/sia127.htm

Heh, 130HP and 425 lb/ft

Old October 5th 07, 10:32 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Tony D wrote:
> WindsorFox wrote:
>> Michael Johnson wrote:

>>> Much of what we have in the cars of today are based in racing's
>>> roots. I have no doubt that if turbines were allowed to run at Indy
>>> and the rest of the cars would have to conform and also run turbines
>>> or be perpetual loosers. Had the Indy cars gone turbine back then
>>> the fans would be open to them in production cars and actually demand
>>> them to be built. Chrysler went down that road briefly but interest
>>> never developed. Had Indy let the turbines run things would probably
>>> have turned out differently.

>> The conspiracy theorists of course say that the car companies
>> couldn't have it because they last too long.
>>

> And of course, people who know what they're talking about would say that
> turbines are great for specific tasks but not suitable for passenger cars.

....and just what do you know that makes your statement more truthful
than mine? Chrysler had a turbine engine in a passenger vehicle back in
the 1960s. It worked. Imagine what another 40-50 years of development
might have brought. Do you realize how durable a turbine engine would
be in a production car considering how long they last in airplanes? The
fuel turbines burn is less expensive that gasoline. Just because the
piston engine is the most common in automobiles today doesn't
necessarily make it the best design.
Old October 5th 07, 10:38 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
clare at snyder.on.ca

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:36:02 -0500, WindsorFox
> wrote:

>Tony D wrote:
>> WindsorFox wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson wrote:
>>>
>>> The conspiracy theorists of course say that the car companies
>>> couldn't have it because they last too long.
>>>

>> And of course, people who know what they're talking about would say that
>> turbines are great for specific tasks but not suitable for passenger cars.
>>

> I'm not so sure about that. You know there was a guy on one of those
>cable shows a few years back who drove a turbine powered Vette. He drove
>it normally in traffic. And then there's the GM/Jay Leno thing. Here is
>an interesting article on the Chrysler turbine
>http://www.turbinecar.com/sia/sia127.htm
>
>Heh, 130HP and 425 lb/ft

And HORRENDOUS fuel consumption. Even a turbine chopper uses more
fuel than a piston engined one - just cheaper fuel. Not sure it
ballances out.

Old October 6th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"WindsorFox" > wrote in message
> My Name Is Nobody wrote:
>>>>

>>> You posted headers in the body of the message.

>> So what?
>> Spammers glean the headers too.
>> The spammers aren't actually reading the the millions of Usenet posts.
>> It is done with software that reads the headers as well as the message
>> body ...
>>
>> Fer Christ sake.
>>

> You think they don't sit there and read all the information too? How do
> you think spammers got to be so smart??
> It looked to me like wetv put stuff in the message that it shouldn't have.

It is already in every message for crying out loud...

Old October 6th 07, 04:55 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Jay Leno's proto burns biodiesel.

Old October 6th 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:36:02 -0500, WindsorFox
> > wrote:
>
>> Tony D wrote:

>>> And of course, people who know what they're talking about would say that
>>> turbines are great for specific tasks but not suitable for passenger cars.
>>>

>> I'm not so sure about that. You know there was a guy on one of those
>> cable shows a few years back who drove a turbine powered Vette. He drove
>> it normally in traffic. And then there's the GM/Jay Leno thing. Here is
>> an interesting article on the Chrysler turbine
>> http://www.turbinecar.com/sia/sia127.htm
>>
>> Heh, 130HP and 425 lb/ft

> And HORRENDOUS fuel consumption. Even a turbine chopper uses more
> fuel than a piston engined one - just cheaper fuel. Not sure it
> ballances out.

I didn't look at any of that info and didn't even think about it.
I'll have to see if there are any consumption listings for the GM thing.

Old October 6th 07, 05:51 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

A turbine will burn damn near any fuel.
Old October 6th 07, 11:58 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Michael Johnson wrote:
> WindsorFox wrote:
>> Michael Johnson wrote:

>>> ...and just what do you know that makes your statement more truthful
>>> than mine? Chrysler had a turbine engine in a passenger vehicle back
>>> in the 1960s. It worked. Imagine what another 40-50 years of
>>> development might have brought. Do you realize how durable a turbine
>>> engine would be in a production car considering how long they last in
>>> airplanes? The fuel turbines burn is less expensive that gasoline.
>>> Just because the piston engine is the most common in automobiles
>>> today doesn't necessarily make it the best design.

>> Jay Leno's proto burns biodiesel.

> A turbine will burn damn near any fuel.

That's good. Maybe we could feed them some of all that wasted used
oil you change out? P

--
"Are you da poe-lice?" "No ma'am, we're musicians."

"So round, so firm, so fully packed, so easy on the draw" - Daffy Duck

"Too bad it wasn't "personality theft"...you'd be immune." - Herb Tarlek

Hemi Challenger Les Benn[_2_] Dodge 132 October 16th 07 06:49 PM
Autos 1969 - 1977 ] [150de467] - 1970 Dodge Challenger Hemi(2).jpg (6/6) yvonttycomprendre Auto Photos 0 September 15th 07 11:09 PM
Last ones - File 129 of 139 - 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger RT plum crazy fvl.jpg (1/1) Mike G[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 31st 06 07:31 AM
Last ones - File 128 of 139 - 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger RT plum crazy Engine.jpg (1/1) Mike G[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 31st 06 07:30 AM
REPOST (By req): Gilmore Auto Museum - Sep 05 - 1970 Dodge Challenger R-T Hemi - fvr.jpg (1/1) Roadsign[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 22nd 06 01:09 PM