99 528i Spark Plug Change

Old December 10th 05, 08:01 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default 99 528i Spark Plug Change

Hello all,

I'm in the process of moving into a new house right now and I don't
have all my tools available. I just need to know what to grab so I can
work on my car.

Could somebody tell me the sockets and misc. tools I need to change my
spark plugs, I have a 99 528i.

If I remember, the engine cover needs a 10mm socket. I can't remember
what I need for the bremi cover bolts though.

Thanks,

Scott

Old December 10th 05, 08:31 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello all,
>
> I'm in the process of moving into a new house right now and I don't
> have all my tools available. I just need to know what to grab so I can
> work on my car.
>
> Could somebody tell me the sockets and misc. tools I need to change my
> spark plugs, I have a 99 528i.
>
> If I remember, the engine cover needs a 10mm socket. I can't remember
> what I need for the bremi cover bolts though.

I'm pretty sure the bolts on the coils are 10mm as well.

Kyle.
98 740iL
525i

Old December 11th 05, 06:34 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Kyle and Lori Greene wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I'm in the process of moving into a new house right now and I don't
>>have all my tools available. I just need to know what to grab so I can
>>work on my car.
>>
>>Could somebody tell me the sockets and misc. tools I need to change my
>>spark plugs, I have a 99 528i.
>>
>>If I remember, the engine cover needs a 10mm socket. I can't remember
>>what I need for the bremi cover bolts though.

> I'm pretty sure the bolts on the coils are 10mm as well.
>
> Kyle.
> 98 740iL
> 525i

Yeah, they definitely are.

--
-Fred W
Old December 12th 05, 01:18 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

You don't need to change the plugs so badly that you you go at it with the
minimum, tool set.

ups.com...

Old December 12th 05, 04:00 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Having said that, you need a 10mm and a plug wrench.

Old December 14th 05, 12:44 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Thanks Jeff, but my tools are packed up and I was running on 5
cylinders so I did need to change them badly. All is good now.

Thanks,

Scott

Old December 14th 05, 08:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Doesn't your car come with tools? My 90 E34 535i has an excellent tool
kit including spark plug socket. You shouldn't have problems changing
your plugs....

Old December 15th 05, 02:40 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Good call. I have enough tools in the tool kit to change the plugs. My own
tools make the job much easier, but the tools in the trunk will get the job
done.

oups.com...

Old December 18th 05, 06:02 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Yes, I just wasn't sure if I would need anything special that the trunk
kit might not have.