what's in the "boot' of a K.G.?

Old July 18th 13, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shoe-Chuckers

Default what's in the "boot' of a K.G.?

I went to pick up a floor jack and the young man wheeled in out of the
store and stood behind my '69 K.G. waiting to put it in. I said no,
there's in engine already in the space. He was young. and didn't see the
air intake slots.
Maybe he's never seen a K.G. before. Is that possible?
hey, the car's only 44 y.o.
--
Karma ; what a concept!
Old July 19th 13, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Leary

"Shoe-Chuckers" wrote in message
> I went to pick up a floor jack and the young man wheeled in out
> of the store and stood behind my '69 K.G. waiting to put it in.
> I said no, there's in engine already in the space. He was young.
> and didn't see the air intake slots. Maybe he's never seen a K.G.
> before. Is that possible? hey, the car's only 44 y.o.

I was running into people twenty years ago who'd never seen a Karman Ghia
(my brother owned one).

And even today I continually run into people who've never seen a Scirocco,
and it (mine) is only 26 years old.

- Bill

Old August 7th 13, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
ChrisKlinger

Shoe-Chuckers wrote:

> I went to pick up a floor jack and the young man wheeled in out of the
> store and stood behind my '69 K.G. waiting to put it in. I said no,
> there's in engine already in the space. He was young. and didn't see the
> air intake slots.
> Maybe he's never seen a K.G. before. Is that possible?
> hey, the car's only 44 y.o.

I get people almost daily asking me what kind of car this is. Yesterday, a
fellow thought it was a kit car, designed for the VW chassis.

Chris
65 Ghia
60 Beetle 36HP, 6V, split-case trans

E39 Boot wont open, Boot lock stuck ChrisJ BMW 0 September 30th 05 07:28 PM
CV Boot Mista Bone Honda 13 April 20th 05 07:37 PM
BMW E36 boot lock wont engage - new boot!?!! Lordy BMW 8 April 9th 05 10:56 AM