Race 07 demo is out.

Old September 7th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Loblaw

Default Race 07 demo is out.

http://www.fileshack.com/file_download.x/11099#

It's also on Gamespot but their download service hurts my brain.

Old September 8th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
dbx

Fileshack sucks just as bad as Fileplanet, I'll wait until it's on 3D
Gamers, Filefront or any free- no registration site.

Old September 8th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

dbx wrote:
> Fileshack sucks just as bad as Fileplanet, I'll wait until it's on 3D
> Gamers, Filefront or any free- no registration site.

Worked fine on the official Race site for me, as Alan suggests:

http://www.race-game.org/race07/download/demo.htm

Cheers
Tony
Old September 9th 07, 10:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Albert Ross[_2_]

"Bob Loblaw" > wrote in message
> http://www.fileshack.com/file_download.x/11099#
>
> It's also on Gamespot but their download service hurts my brain.

Funny, I thought I was installing Driver 07, but instead I got Steam and no
mention of Driver 07. You think you would have put a shortcut on the desktop
or something.

Not impressed.

Old September 9th 07, 10:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> (Tony R) wrote:
>
>> Worked fine on the official Race site for me

> Yup, fast & problem-free here also. I've only had half a dozen laps or so
> round Brands in a Seat so far, but I found nothing to complain about.
> Graphics aren't anything new, but we've plateaued on those anyway at a
> pretty good standard. The AI seems very raceable, and I've seen them
> trying two wide into a few turns, and doing it very convincingly. The
> driving itself feels... well, as good as anything else I've driven in
> recent years. It's getting harder and harder to differentiate between the
> titles.

Which sums up my thoughts too really. We just have a growing list of
decent sims and mods. We need a killer sim/mod IMHO. Maybe we have to
wait for iRacing or even GT5 for the next generation sim racers, if
either can deliver, what differs is a more revolutionary development
approach where a huge amount of manpower is employed to create a new
version (requiring substantial funding) rather than the incremental
updates we are getting right now. Or maybe a modding team will come up
with something a bit special with the current crop.

> Which is, sadly, why I probably won't buy it. I suppose it'll depend on
> the price, because I don't log nearly enough hours in sims these days...
> and when I do I'm nearly always drawn back to GTL because the cars are so
> much fun to drive.

Then this maybe for you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k95ITTKMK9I

(this is for GTR2 btw and is a true historical version of the era rather
than a simulation of the modern FIA historical series using modern tyres
and on current day tracks.)

> Mind you, I'm increasingly out of touch with the rFactor mods, so I may
> be missing out there.

Lots of decent stuff - but it just adds to the growing list of possibles.

Cheers
Tony
Old September 9th 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Albert Ross[_2_]

Okay, got it installed now.

Pretty impressive. All setting to the most realistic, with FFB on full, and
it real felt like the most immersive experience thus far. All the vibration
reminded me of my karting days.

One thing I don't like is seeing the inside of the helmet. Anyone found a
way to turn that off?

Bert

ddress_disguised...

Old September 9th 07, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 06:22:00 +0100, Andrew MacPherson wrote:

> Yup, fast & problem-free here also. I've only had half a dozen laps or so
> round Brands in a Seat so far, but I found nothing to complain about.
> Graphics aren't anything new, but we've plateaued on those anyway at a
> pretty good standard.

Graphics look better than rFactor and GTR2 to me. Physics feel better than
both those sims to me too. This is probably a buy for me but would rather
have a non-steam version so expect to see a box in the store that doesn't
require steam. I do have Steam but don't really care for it.

Repost for new a.b.p.a. members: 2000 Dodge Ram Fiberglass-Bodied Race Truck Race Seat & Window Screen White (2005 WW@WD PROC) DSCN7928.jpg 282301 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 1st 07 01:29 PM
RACE demo help Lancelot Simulators 5 November 2nd 06 07:39 AM
RACE-DEMO IS OUT Emma Ward Simulators 6 October 28th 06 04:11 PM
GTR press demo v GTR official v2 Demo Philip Ford Simulators 4 March 31st 05 04:41 AM
GTR -> Official Demo with Press Demo Simulation files Sting32 Simulators 0 October 15th 04 05:57 AM