'Ullo ng, got a new motor

Old December 10th 05, 12:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 'Ullo ng, got a new motor

Dear ng,

I've bought a Honda Jazz and I'm really pleased with it. Just thought you
should know.

---
David

Old December 10th 05, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

David Wynne wrote:
> Dear ng,
>
> I've bought a Honda Jazz and I'm really pleased with it. Just thought you
> should know.
>
> ---
> David

I just got one for my wife, and she is REALLY pleased as well.
Smashing little car.
Old December 10th 05, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting from it?

It's one I will be considering around five years from now, I
figure.

"David Wynne" > wrote

Old December 11th 05, 07:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

> What kind of fuel mileage are you getting from it?

Well here's the thing... So far I've done 120 miles and I kid you not, the
fuel gauge has barely come off "Full". Now I know it could be lots of
things from a broken indicator to an incorrectly aligned gauge in the tank,
but some how I doubt it. I'll report back in a week (or month!). It is
truly amazing though because I've only used the car for the school run; my
old MB A-class would have been well below 1/2 full by now.

Old December 15th 05, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

> What kind of fuel mileage are you getting from it?

Most journeys are <5 miles; school and back. I get 37mpg.
On 20 miles round trips to town with no motorway and lots of stops I get
41mpg.
I've only been on a couple of motorway trips (mostly 70 mph) where I could
measure it and it turned out to be 46mpg, but that might be wrong as it was
only 50 miles and I measured it by filling up at each end of the journey.