new owner of Z3, questions

Old May 17th 06, 10:07 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default new owner of Z3, questions

I just bought this car, lots of miles, a few small issues, and no owners
manual.

Cruise control does not appear to work. Presumably if the stalk is
centered (center being On?) and you depress the end at your chosen
speed, the CC should set, correct? If not, is there something else
needed to turn it on before setting it?

Horn doesn't work - common problem, common solution? Relay,
clockspring, or horn most likely?

Missing LF front turn signal assembly - good place online to buy parts?

Other than that, I'm enjoying the car.
--
- -
Rex Burkheimer
Old May 17th 06, 10:31 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"Rex B" > wrote
> Cruise control does not appear to work. Presumably if the stalk is
> centered (center being On?) and you depress the end at your chosen speed,
> the CC should set, correct? If not, is there something else needed to
> turn it on before setting it?

If you press FORWARD (towards the front bumper), it will set.
Pressing forward more will increase speed.
Pressing on the end (towards the steering column) it will resume.
Pulling back will decrease speed.
Pushing up or down (vertical) will take it out of cruise.
It's always active; resume will always resume last set speed.

> Missing LF front turn signal assembly - good place online to buy parts?

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp
http://www.bimmerworld.com/onlinestoreframe.html
http://www.alloemcarparts.com/

FloydR

Old May 18th 06, 03:18 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,rex,home

Floyd Rogers wrote:
> "Rex B" > wrote
>> Cruise control does not appear to work. Presumably if the stalk is
>> centered (center being On?) and you depress the end at your chosen speed,
>> the CC should set, correct? If not, is there something else needed to
>> turn it on before setting it?

> If you press FORWARD (towards the front bumper), it will set.
> Pressing forward more will increase speed.
> Pressing on the end (towards the steering column) it will resume.
> Pulling back will decrease speed.
> Pushing up or down (vertical) will take it out of cruise.
> It's always active; resume will always resume last set speed.

I figured out most of that last night on a short road trip. Everything
works well. Actually, best CC system I've ever used.

>> Missing LF front turn signal assembly - good place online to buy parts?

> http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp
> http://www.bimmerworld.com/onlinestoreframe.html
> http://www.alloemcarparts.com/

Excellent, thanks.