So that's how it works!

Old January 3rd 09, 08:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Frank ess

Default So that's how it works!

Once upon a time a man appeared in a
village and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for
$10 each.

The villagers, seeing that there were
many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.
The man bought thousands at $10 and, as supply started to diminish,
the villagers stopped their effort. He next announced that he would
now buy

monkeys at $20 each. This renewed the
efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon
the supply diminished even further and people started going back to

their farms. The offer increased to
$25 each and the supply of monkeys became so scarce it was an effort
to even find a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would
buy monkeys at $50 each! However, since he had to go to the city on
some business, his assistant would buy on his behalf. In the absence
of the man, the assistant told the

villagers: "Look at all these monkeys
in the big cage that the man has already collected. I will sell them
to you at $35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell
them to him for $50 each."

The villagers rounded up all their
savings and bought all the monkeys for 700 billion dollars.

They never saw the man or his
assistant again, only lots and lots of monkeys!

Now you have a better understanding of
how the

BAILOUT PLAN

WORKS !!!!

Old January 3rd 09, 09:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Ron

"Frank ess" > wrote in
:

> Once upon a time a man appeared in a
> village and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for
> $10 each.
>

> The villagers, seeing that there were
> many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.
> The man bought thousands at $10 and, as supply started to diminish,
> the villagers stopped their effort. He next announced that he would
> now buy
>
> monkeys at $20 each. This renewed the
> efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon
> the supply diminished even further and people started going back to
>
> their farms. The offer increased to
> $25 each and the supply of monkeys became so scarce it was an effort
> to even find a monkey, let alone catch it!
>

> The man now announced that he would
> buy monkeys at $50 each! However, since he had to go to the city on
> some business, his assistant would buy on his behalf. In the absence
> of the man, the assistant told the
>
> villagers: "Look at all these monkeys
> in the big cage that the man has already collected. I will sell them
> to you at $35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell
> them to him for $50 each."
>
> The villagers rounded up all their
> savings and bought all the monkeys for 700 billion dollars.
>
> They never saw the man or his
> assistant again, only lots and lots of monkeys!
>

> Now you have a better understanding of
> how the
>
> BAILOUT PLAN
>
> WORKS !!!!

*****************************

A bit like this one!

Government Cat.

The Four Cats !

Four men were bragging about how smart their cats were .

The first man was an Engineer, the second man was an Accountant, the
third man was a Chemist and the fourth man was a Government Employee.

To show off, the Engineer called his cat,

'T-square, do your stuff.'

T-square pranced over to the desk, took out some paper and pen and
promptly drew a circle, a square, and a triangle. Everyone agreed that
was pretty smart.

But the Accountant said his cat could do better.

He called his cat and said,

'Spreadsheet, do your stuff.'

Spreadsheet went out to the kitchen and returned with a dozen cookies. He
divided them into 4 equal piles of 3 cookies ............Everyone agreed
that was good.

But the Chemist said his cat could do better. He called his cat and said
'Measure, do your stuff.'

Measure got up, walked to the fridge, took out a quart of milk,, got a 10
ounce glass from the cupboard and poured exactly 8 ounces without
spilling a drop into the glass.

Everyone agreed that was pretty good.

Then the three men turned to the Government Employee and said, 'What can
your cat do?'

The Government Employee called his cat and said....

'Coffee Break.....do your stuff.'

Coffee Break jumped to his feet...........

Ate the cookies........

Drank the milk.............

Sh*t on the paper....................

Screwed the other three cats........

Claimed he injured his back while doing so..................

Filed a grievance report for unsafe working conditions.

Put in for Workers Compensation........and

Went home for the rest of the day on sick leave..............!!!!!!!!!!