Anything to know about a 1991

Old August 29th 04, 01:36 AM
RWDoyle

Default Anything to know about a 1991

I may have a chance to pick up a '91 with 5k miles for less than $8000. It
appears to be in good shape (I haven't inspected it in person, yet). It is
an automatic transmission, but the price seems good enough to let me live
with that.

Since I don't know a lot about C4's, I'd like to ask you all for any
comments on the '91. Any known problems? Anything you really like/dislike.
Anything I should watch out for when I go to see the car in person?

Ryan

--

1979 L48

Old August 29th 04, 11:06 AM
Joel Jacobs

I put 76,000 on a '91 C4, automatic, in 47 months. Sold it to a friend he
put 76,000 on in about 27 months. He traded it for a ZR-1. They guy who got
the '91 on trade gave it to his wife, who gave it to their son. At last
count it had 287,000 miles on it, replaced transmission at 130,000, replaced
two alternators and a water pump.......and, of course, tires around every
50,000 miles.

'91s are GREAT cars. I'm driving a '94 now (also automatic) with 114,000 on
it, it'll still nudge the 170 mark.

HTH,

Joel Jacobs

Old August 29th 04, 11:06 AM
Joel Jacobs

"RWDoyle" > wrote in message
>I may have a chance to pick up a '91 with 5k miles for less than $8000. It
> appears to be in good shape (I haven't inspected it in person, yet). It
> is
> an automatic transmission, but the price seems good enough to let me live
> with that.
>
> Since I don't know a lot about C4's, I'd like to ask you all for any
> comments on the '91. Any known problems? Anything you really
> like/dislike.
> Anything I should watch out for when I go to see the car in person?
>
> Ryan
>
> --
>
> 1979 L48

1991 750IL - Check Engine & Transmission Program megrp BMW 0 December 15th 04 04:33 AM
1991 BMW 535i for sale or parts - wrecked.. Robert S. BMW 0 December 5th 04 04:04 AM
BMW 1991 325iX - Pricing VSAndrew BMW 9 November 4th 04 12:38 AM
Audi 1991 Quattro 20V Losing power Butty Audi 2 October 18th 04 01:50 PM
1991 80 Brake Issue RC Audi 2 October 16th 04 04:41 AM