03 GRAND CARAVAN

Old April 17th 08, 07:44 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Bill Falconer

Default 03 GRAND CARAVAN

I have two easy questions: I have to change the buld for the brake rear
passanger side brake light. I see that there are two small black plugs just
inside as you open the tailgate. Do you just pull these things out and the
lamp assembly is released so you can get it out to change the bulb

The second question is regarding changing the cerpintine belt that drives
the AC, PS pump etc. On my old 96 Grand you just had to put a power bar in
the idler pulley and pull to release the pressure. This 03 with 3.3 Ltr is a
different beast. Is the the best approach to go underneath and remove the
small black plastic shroud that covers the belt and somehow remove the belt
from below.

Maybe its just cause I was used to the old 96 but things sure seemed to be a
lot easier to get at on the old van, or maybe the old dog just has to learn
new tricks, any help would be appreciated.

Bill

Old April 18th 08, 01:05 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Bill Falconer" > wrote in message
> I have two easy questions: I have to change the buld for the brake rear
> passanger side brake light. I see that there are two small black plugs

just
> inside as you open the tailgate. Do you just pull these things out and the
> lamp assembly is released so you can get it out to change the bulb

Yes

> The second question is regarding changing the cerpintine belt that drives
> the AC, PS pump etc. On my old 96 Grand you just had to put a power bar in
> the idler pulley and pull to release the pressure. This 03 with 3.3 Ltr is

> different beast. Is the the best approach to go underneath and remove the
> small black plastic shroud that covers the belt and somehow remove the

belt
> from below.

You can do it that way or use a 3/8 breaker bar from the top. We have the
vehicles in the air so it makes it easier to do from the bottom

Old April 18th 08, 09:22 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Bill Falconer

Thanks for the reply Maxpower

"maxpower" > wrote in message

> "Bill Falconer" > wrote in message
>> I have two easy questions: I have to change the buld for the brake rear
>> passanger side brake light. I see that there are two small black plugs

> just
>> inside as you open the tailgate. Do you just pull these things out and
>> the
>> lamp assembly is released so you can get it out to change the bulb

> Yes
>>
>> The second question is regarding changing the cerpintine belt that drives
>> the AC, PS pump etc. On my old 96 Grand you just had to put a power bar
>> in
>> the idler pulley and pull to release the pressure. This 03 with 3.3 Ltr
>> is

>> different beast. Is the the best approach to go underneath and remove the
>> small black plastic shroud that covers the belt and somehow remove the

> belt
>> from below.
>>

> You can do it that way or use a 3/8 breaker bar from the top. We have the
> vehicles in the air so it makes it easier to do from the bottom
>
>> Maybe its just cause I was used to the old 96 but things sure seemed to
>> be

>> lot easier to get at on the old van, or maybe the old dog just has to

> learn
>> new tricks, any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Bill

CHEAP Grand Voyager-Grand Caravan Wanted CaravanGuy Chrysler 2 September 24th 05 01:20 AM
93 3.3 Grand Caravan ncs Chrysler 1 August 22nd 05 03:26 AM
Grand Caravan 93 3.3 ncs Chrysler 35 March 2nd 05 09:05 PM
93 3.3 Grand Caravan ncs Chrysler 0 January 9th 05 03:42 PM
93 3.3 Grand Caravan ncs Chrysler 6 November 22nd 04 01:48 AM