'99 Sebring Conv w/CCD error on dash

Old April 11th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
cuesta

Default '99 Sebring Conv w/CCD error on dash

Put the battery back in my Conv after the winter, turn the key, all
the lights light up, but no crank. Compass dashboard guage says
"CCD".

Local Chrysler dealer having trouble diagnosing,

Any ideas?

CCD is Chrysler Coll Detection, which is a bus that connects various
OB computers.

Car has about 57K miles on it.

Thanks,
-Bob
Old April 11th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"cuesta" > wrote in message
> Put the battery back in my Conv after the winter, turn the key, all
> the lights light up, but no crank. Compass dashboard guage says
> "CCD".
>
> Local Chrysler dealer having trouble diagnosing,
>
> Any ideas?
>
> CCD is Chrysler Coll Detection, which is a bus that connects various
> OB computers.
>
> Car has about 57K miles on it.
>
> Thanks,
> -Bob

Depending on where you had it stored might be a clue to the problem. A
vehicle that has not been driven for a period of time is a nice place for a
rodents nest. Somewhere you have a cut wire or corrosion has set in on a
connector or even a faulty module.

It should only take a technician with a voltmeter to find this problem and
since it isn't an intermittent bus failure will be easier to locate.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old April 14th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
cuesta

On Apr 11, 4:21*pm, "maxpower" > wrote:
> "cuesta" > wrote in message

> > Put the battery back in my Conv after the winter, turn the key, all
> > the lights light up, but no crank. *Compass dashboard guage says
> > "CCD".

> > Local Chrysler dealer having trouble diagnosing,

> > Any ideas?

> > CCD is Chrysler Coll Detection, which is a bus that connects various
> > OB computers.

> > Car has about 57K miles on it.

> > Thanks,
> > * -Bob

> Depending on where you had it stored might be a clue to the problem. A
> vehicle that has not been driven for a period of time is a nice place for a
> rodents nest. Somewhere you *have a cut wire or corrosion has set in on a
> connector or even a faulty module.
>
> It should only take a technician with a voltmeter to find this problem and
> since it isn't an intermittent bus failure will be easier to locate.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

The local Chrysler Dealer, after $300 of diagnostic work, said the
Powertrain Control Module and the ABS Module are both bad (shorted?)
and the total to replace them is $1700. He doesn't guarantee that
this is the extent of the problem, though.

What would you do? Pay them the $300 and take the car elsewhere?

Appreciate your help.

-Bob
Old April 14th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"cuesta" > wrote in message
On Apr 11, 4:21 pm, "maxpower" > wrote:
> "cuesta" > wrote in message

> > Put the battery back in my Conv after the winter, turn the key, all
> > the lights light up, but no crank. Compass dashboard guage says
> > "CCD".

> > Local Chrysler dealer having trouble diagnosing,

> > Any ideas?

> > CCD is Chrysler Coll Detection, which is a bus that connects various
> > OB computers.

> > Car has about 57K miles on it.

> > Thanks,
> > -Bob

> Depending on where you had it stored might be a clue to the problem. A
> vehicle that has not been driven for a period of time is a nice place for

> rodents nest. Somewhere you have a cut wire or corrosion has set in on a
> connector or even a faulty module.
>
> It should only take a technician with a voltmeter to find this problem and
> since it isn't an intermittent bus failure will be easier to locate.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

The local Chrysler Dealer, after $300 of diagnostic work, said the
Powertrain Control Module and the ABS Module are both bad (shorted?)
and the total to replace them is $1700. He doesn't guarantee that
this is the extent of the problem, though.

What would you do? Pay them the $300 and take the car elsewhere?

Appreciate your help.

-Bob

More then likely they are guessing at it and not sure of the repair. That's
why they say they cant guarantee it. I find it very hard to believe that
both modules are shorted at the same time. Also the PCM is an 8/80 Federal
Emissions Part. If you are under 8/80 this module will be a covered
component.

Glenn