PT AC Question

Old May 1st 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
pe2[_2_]

Default PT AC Question

Ok-

Question-

2003 PT, 2.6L engine. Automatic.

When the car is sitting still, while running with AC - When AC Compressor
kicks in, it vibrates the car, even to the point it almost shuts off.

I've changed the PCV valve and hose from the valve to the throttle body,
thinking this may help.

Any thoughts welcomed. Thanks for the time and input-

M.

Old May 1st 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mike

"pe2" > wrote in message
> Ok-
>
> Question-
>
> 2003 PT, 2.6L engine. Automatic.
>
> When the car is sitting still, while running with AC - When AC Compressor
> kicks in, it vibrates the car, even to the point it almost shuts off.
>
> I've changed the PCV valve and hose from the valve to the throttle body,
> thinking this may help.
>
> Any thoughts welcomed. Thanks for the time and input-
>
> M.

Check for a dirty throttle body and proper operation of the IAC motor.

Old May 2nd 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"pe2" > wrote in message
> Ok-
>
> Question-
>
> 2003 PT, 2.6L engine. Automatic.
>
> When the car is sitting still, while running with AC - When AC Compressor
> kicks in, it vibrates the car, even to the point it almost shuts off.
>
> I've changed the PCV valve and hose from the valve to the throttle body,
> thinking this may help.
>
> Any thoughts welcomed. Thanks for the time and input-
>
> M.

You A/C system is probably under a very high side pressure due to the
radiator fan not turning on causing extreme load on the engine. The A/C fan
must turn on as soon as the compressor kicks in.....make sure this fan turns
on.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old May 7th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On my PT Cruiser it was the fan assembly. I ordered on on ebay and installed
it myself. Cured the problem.