MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

Old July 9th 07, 10:52 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Tony Harding

Default MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

Michael Pardee wrote:
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
>> We'll agree to differ on the subject, then. I have my own list of
>> qualifications for certain jobs. Clear communication is at the top of my
>> list for a president, and Bush does not meet that qualification unless he
>> has a script.
>>

> The concept of communication from the president to the public is a very
> recent one, one I feel mirrors the rise of the entertainment industry as
> each is dependent on commmunication technology. Personally, I would not want
> a glib incompetent in the office. I acknowledge that a lot of people feel
> President Bush is an incompetent and that is certainly their right. But I
> can't recall a single accusation that he failed to clearly instruct the
> people who report to him, and that is the real importance of communication
> ability.
>
> You are aware that the overwhelming majority of quotations ascribed to
> politicians are fabricated,

E.g., "I invented the Internet".

A Gore
Old July 9th 07, 01:49 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Michael Pardee

"Tony Harding" > wrote in message
> BobG wrote:
>>> I'd also like to know more about what types of accidents were involved,
>>> especially for pickups. My guess would be rollovers.

>> ====================================
>> There was a campaign in the US to get get the good ol boys in pickup
>> trucks to use their seatbelts. Maybe they thought their personal
>> liberty was being encroached on by the intrusive governmant
>> regulations, but they were dying in disproportionate numbers by flying
>> out during crashes.

> They probably didn't believe in evolution, either.

Of course, there is no genetic link in incremental intelligence among humans
and therefore no natural selection mechanism. Brilliant people can have
offspring who are dull or brilliant, just as dull people can have children
who are dull or brilliant. Defects are another matter.
I'm just sayin'.

Mike

Old July 10th 07, 06:49 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Gordon McGrew

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 05:52:05 -0400, Tony Harding >
wrote:

>Michael Pardee wrote:
>> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
>>> We'll agree to differ on the subject, then. I have my own list of
>>> qualifications for certain jobs. Clear communication is at the top of my
>>> list for a president, and Bush does not meet that qualification unless he
>>> has a script.
>>>

>> The concept of communication from the president to the public is a very
>> recent one, one I feel mirrors the rise of the entertainment industry as
>> each is dependent on commmunication technology. Personally, I would not want
>> a glib incompetent in the office. I acknowledge that a lot of people feel
>> President Bush is an incompetent and that is certainly their right. But I
>> can't recall a single accusation that he failed to clearly instruct the
>> people who report to him, and that is the real importance of communication
>> ability.
>>
>> You are aware that the overwhelming majority of quotations ascribed to
>> politicians are fabricated,

>E.g., "I invented the Internet".
>
>A Gore

Of course he never said that, your quotation marks notwithstanding.
Old July 10th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
ACAR

Default MIKE Hunter's smal car v large car thesis is correct

On Jul 6, 2:14 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> "Mike Hunter" > wrote in message

> >> Perhaps you didn't learn physics as well as you could have or didn't
> >> design cars properly??? I think it is stupid to make a blanket
> >> statement like big cars are safer (for the occupants) than small cars.
> >> If they were identical except for size than I agree but often that is
> >> not the case.

> > You are entitled to you own opinion. However I know better.

> > mike

> So, you're saying there is no shape or design that can make a small car as
> safe as a bigger one? Is that your final answer?

Mike cites death/injury statistics by vehicle weight. He assumes F=Ma
is the only equation at work. However, Mike does have a point now that
our highways are filled with huge SUVs. No amount of engineering is
gonna save the occupants of a Civic when that Navigator crashes into
it. The answer isn't to buy ever larger cars, though. We need to
drastically reduce the number of huge SUVs on our highways
substituting for passenger cars. Either was raise gas taxes to make
fuel very expensive or we raise the CAFE requirements. Our elected
officials have chosen the CAFE route.

Old July 10th 07, 12:54 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Dave Kelsen

On 7/10/2007 12:49 AM Gordon McGrew spake these words of knowledge:

> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 05:52:05 -0400, Tony Harding >
> wrote:
>
>>Michael Pardee wrote:
>>>>

>>> The concept of communication from the president to the public is a very
>>> recent one, one I feel mirrors the rise of the entertainment industry as
>>> each is dependent on commmunication technology. Personally, I would not want
>>> a glib incompetent in the office. I acknowledge that a lot of people feel
>>> President Bush is an incompetent and that is certainly their right. But I
>>> can't recall a single accusation that he failed to clearly instruct the
>>> people who report to him, and that is the real importance of communication
>>> ability.
>>>
>>> You are aware that the overwhelming majority of quotations ascribed to
>>> politicians are fabricated,

>>E.g., "I invented the Internet".
>>
>>A Gore

> Of course he never said that, your quotation marks notwithstanding.

Gord - that's what he was saying. Read above.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
I traded in my WWJD bracelet for one with "WWSDD" on it. Not only is
the "What Would Snoop Dogg Do?" bracelet a lot flashier, but the answer
Old July 10th 07, 01:43 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Michael Pardee

"Gordon McGrew" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 05:52:05 -0400, Tony Harding >
> wrote:
>
>>Michael Pardee wrote:
>>> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
>>> You are aware that the overwhelming majority of quotations ascribed to
>>> politicians are fabricated,

>>E.g., "I invented the Internet".
>>
>>A Gore

> Of course he never said that, your quotation marks notwithstanding.

I think that was the point, that Gore had been misquoted with that line. I
am not a Gore fan but nobody deserves to be slandered.

Old July 11th 07, 04:09 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Gordon McGrew

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 05:43:13 -0700, "Michael Pardee"
> wrote:

>"Gordon McGrew" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 05:52:05 -0400, Tony Harding >
>> wrote:

>>>E.g., "I invented the Internet".
>>>
>>>A Gore

>> Of course he never said that, your quotation marks notwithstanding.
>>

>I think that was the point, that Gore had been misquoted with that line. I
>am not a Gore fan but nobody deserves to be slandered.

My apologies. I am so used to right-wingers throwing out non
sequiturs that I didn't read it carefully. I will administer the
lashes to myself.

Old July 16th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
z[_1_]

On Jul 10, 7:28 am, ACAR > wrote:
> On Jul 6, 2:14 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>

> > "Mike Hunter" > wrote in message

> .. .

> > > You are entitled to you own opinion. However I know better.

> > > mike

> > So, you're saying there is no shape or design that can make a small car as
> > safe as a bigger one? Is that your final answer?

> Mike cites death/injury statistics by vehicle weight. He assumes F=Ma
> is the only equation at work. However, Mike does have a point now that
> our highways are filled with huge SUVs. No amount of engineering is
> gonna save the occupants of a Civic when that Navigator crashes into
> it. The answer isn't to buy ever larger cars, though. We need to
> drastically reduce the number of huge SUVs on our highways
> substituting for passenger cars. Either was raise gas taxes to make
> fuel very expensive or we raise the CAFE requirements. Our elected
> officials have chosen the CAFE route.-

As somebody once said, you can turn on Formula One on TV and watch a
skinny little French guy sititng in a bathtub full of gasoline ram
into a wall at 200 mph and walk away.

Old July 17th 07, 07:14 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
z[_1_]

On Jul 1, 9:37 pm, "Mike Hunter" > wrote:

> Whether you believe so or not, is your purgative,

Yow, that's a rude thing to say.

Old July 24th 07, 02:25 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Just Facts

Default MIKE Hunter's advice

In article >,
"Michael Pardee" > wrote:

> "Mike Hunter" > wrote in message
> > Do what I do!! I try to ALWAYS travel more than 30 miles from home,
> > since my insurance agent told me most accidents happen within 30 miles of
> > where one lives
> >
> > mike
> >

> I just close my eyes and drive *real* fast so I can get 30 miles away before
> an accident happens to me.
>
> Other Mike

Here our Gov medical system and our Gov auto insurance only pay part of
your medical bill if you have driving injuries and weren't wearing your
seat belt.

Is anyone using a smaller steering wheel in a C3 ? dave Corvette 1 March 31st 05 04:13 PM
Smaller Wheels CobraJet Ford Mustang 17 February 17th 05 04:35 AM
4WD smaller vehicle choices Dan Birchall 4x4 2 August 11th 04 08:24 PM