Bye bye Alfa

Old August 15th 06, 05:59 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Scott McGregor

Default Bye bye Alfa

Hi Guys,
I have finally had enough of my 156 v6. It failed its MOT again (only 4
years old). At least it is consistent with failing the 3 year MOT.
My local Alfa dealer quoted me over £550 to fix the problem to get it
through the MOT. After telling them to get lost I took the car to a local
garage and they will fix the problem for £98. Big difference I say and that
was the final straw that broke the camels back. Time to get rid. I have
nothing but trouble with the stupid thing and if my local Alfa garage spent
just half as much time for finding reasons why this is not their fault or
problem and actually fixed the problems and provide a good service then they
would still have me as a customer and probably made a few quid out of me
because I trade my car in every three years for a new one.
Because I am getting rid of my car then I have a zymol ital starter kit for
sale on eBay if anyone is interested. It has never been used and because I
am getting rid of my car then I never will use it. Here is the link if
anyone is interested
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Well that's my rant over. Just had to get it off my chest

Old August 15th 06, 06:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Scott McGregor > wrote:

> Hi Guys, I have finally had enough of my 156 v6. It failed its MOT again
> (only 4 years old). At least it is consistent with failing the 3 year
> MOT. My local Alfa dealer quoted me over £550 to fix the problem to get it
> through the MOT. After telling them to get lost I took the car to a local
> garage and they will fix the problem for £98.

What was the 'problem'? - IME, lots of cars fail the first MOT and the
fail at 4 years could have been bad luck.

> Big difference I say and
> that was the final straw that broke the camels back. Time to get rid. I
> have nothing but trouble with the stupid thing and if my local Alfa garage
> spent just half as much time for finding reasons why this is not their
> fault or problem and actually fixed the problems and provide a good
> service then they would still have me as a customer and probably made a
> few quid out of me because I trade my car in every three years for a new
> one.

Why? Buying new every 3 years is like taking half your salary and
burning it on the BBQ......

What exactly went wrong with the Alfa? - I've had several over the last
10 years and not had any major problems with them.

> Because I am getting rid of my car then I have a zymol ital starter
> kit for sale on eBay if anyone is interested. It has never been used and
> because I am getting rid of my car then I never will use it. Here is the
> link if anyone is interested
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...230018208153&r
> d=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

How much!?

It's only a bit of polish and some cloth.

> Well that's my rant over. Just had to get it off my chest

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL
Old August 15th 06, 08:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Halmyre[_1_]

Scott McGregor wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I have finally had enough of my 156 v6. It failed its MOT again (only 4
> years old). At least it is consistent with failing the 3 year MOT.
> My local Alfa dealer quoted me over £550 to fix the problem to get it
> through the MOT. After telling them to get lost I took the car to a local
> garage and they will fix the problem for £98. Big difference I say and that
> was the final straw that broke the camels back. Time to get rid. I have
> nothing but trouble with the stupid thing and if my local Alfa garage spent
> just half as much time for finding reasons why this is not their fault or
> problem and actually fixed the problems and provide a good service then they
> would still have me as a customer and probably made a few quid out of me
> because I trade my car in every three years for a new one.
> Because I am getting rid of my car then I have a zymol ital starter kit for
> sale on eBay if anyone is interested. It has never been used and because I
> am getting rid of my car then I never will use it. Here is the link if
> anyone is interested
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
>
> Well that's my rant over. Just had to get it off my chest

£98? Bargain. And you don't ever have go near an Alfa dealer again.
It's out of warranty anyway, so what have you got to lose?

--
Halmyre

Old August 16th 06, 08:07 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:12:46 +0100, "Tom" > wrote:

>Strikes me that if someone can afford to 383 quid for a bit of polish then a
>600 quid MOT should be water off a ducks back.
>Tom

A fair point up to the part where the OP claims (in the ad) that it
was a gift. I wouldn't thank the wife for going out with the best part
of £400 and returning with a bottle of polish and a duster! :-0

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)