Read much?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 29th 05, 06:58 PM
Steve Smith

Default Read much?

Redline Developments Statement

Redline Developments would like to formally apologize for our lack of
response following the original release and subsequent removal of Redline
GTP. Shortly after release, we became aware of installation bugs. We brought
this to the attention of the community. We also became aware that Redline
GTP was infringing upon the rights of a number of companies. We have been
working closely with FIRST-Racing.net - the company who owns the rights to
the simulation we modified - on a restructured version of Redline GTP and
are happy to say that we will have this out in the near future. The solution
to this situation is designed to allow us to deliver our mod to the
sim-racing community.

The restructured version of Redline GTP involves the removal of all
infringed upon unlicensed properties including those of car manufacturers,
track-owners and various other properties. Even with these changes, the core
of Redline GTP remains completely intact. Redline Developments will fully
support the restructured version of Redline GTP; however, we will be unable
to offer support for the original release and ask you to delete such version
from your computer.

The history of sim-racing includes a tradition of post-publisher mods and
development. This will continue and is something both Redline Developments
and FIRST-Racing.net support , however modding should not cross the line
into intellectual property infringement. Modders and companies must work
cooperatively in frameworks which protect the rights of all involved.

We at Redline Developments are amazed at the amount of excitement Redline
GTP has created. The level of support we received from the sim-racing
community has exceeded our expectations in every regard, and for that we are
grateful.

We hope that you continue to enjoy Redline GTP and, again, thank you for
your continued support!