Yet another study says CELL PHONE DRIVERS = DRUNK DRIVERS

Old June 30th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

Default Yet another study says CELL PHONE DRIVERS = DRUNK DRIVERS

Boobus americanus should ignore the tiny problem of terrorism and
focus on things like cell phone drivers and DUIs.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060630/hl_nm/cellphones_dc

Cellphone talkers as bad as drunk drivers: study By Maggie Fox, Health
and Science Correspondent
Thu Jun 29, 8:06 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - People who talk on cellphones while driving,
even using "hands-free" devices, are as impaired as drunk drivers,
researchers said on Thursday.

"If legislators really want to address driver distraction, then they
should consider outlawing cell phone use while driving," said Frank
Drews, an assistant professor of psychology at the University of Utah
who worked on the study.

The researchers used a driving simulation device for their study,
published in the summer 2006 issue of Human Factors: The Journal of
the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.

They studied 40 volunteers who used a driving simulator four times --
while undistracted, using a handheld cell phone, using a hands-free
cell phone and while intoxicated to a 0.08 percent blood-alcohol level
-- the average legal level of impairment in the United States -- after
drinking vodka and orange juice.

Three study participants rear-ended the simulated car in front of
them. All were talking on cellphones and none was drunk, the
researchers said.

Motorists who talked on either handheld or hands-free cell phones
drove slightly more slowly, were 9 percent slower to hit the brakes,
and varied their speed more than undistracted drivers.

Drivers with an 0.08 percent blood-alcohol level drove a bit more
slowly than both undistracted drivers and telephone users, yet more
aggressively.

"Driving while talking on a cell phone is as bad as or maybe worse
than driving drunk," said Drews, who said alcohol was involved in 40
percent of the 42,000 annual U.S. traffic fatalities.

Just like many people who have been drinking, the cellphone users did
not believe themselves to be affected, the researchers found.

Old June 30th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Loco laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE is found to be guilty and convicted
of leaving this pile of **** in rec.autos.driving:

> Boobus americanus should ignore the tiny problem of terrorism and
> focus on things like cell phone drivers and DUIs.

"Boobus americanus," would be better off to concentrate on eradicating
the scourges of ill maintained vehicle (IMV), LLB and ECP.

Prepare for elimination.

--

"My dash lights burned out years ago. Just
keep a cheapie flashlight on the seat."
Old June 30th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
JohnH[_1_]

necromancer wrote:
> Loco laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE is found to be guilty and convicted
> of leaving this pile of **** in rec.autos.driving:
>
> > Boobus americanus should ignore the tiny problem of terrorism and
> > focus on things like cell phone drivers and DUIs.

> "Boobus americanus," would be better off to concentrate on eradicating
> the scourges of ill maintained vehicle (IMV), LLB and ECP.

The "romancer of necros" would be better off to stop humping the posts
of a known troll.

Old June 30th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Eeyore[_1_]

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:

> Drivers with an 0.08 percent blood-alcohol level drove a bit more
> slowly

You should approve of drunk driving then !

Graham

Old July 1st 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:51:25 +0100, milou > wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:10:20 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

> is a ****wit and we all know this.

Another brilliant "argument" from the insect.

Old July 1st 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
[email protected][_1_]

"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" quoted some news story:
> "Driving while talking on a cell phone is as bad as or maybe worse
> than driving drunk," said Drews, who said alcohol was involved in 40
> percent of the 42,000 annual U.S. traffic fatalities.

Bull. You can always drop your cellular phone in your lap if
necessary. Try suddenly quitting being drunk.

Old July 1st 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

On 30 Jun 2006 20:06:42 -0700, "
> wrote:

>"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" quoted some news story:
>> "Driving while talking on a cell phone is as bad as or maybe worse
>> than driving drunk," said Drews, who said alcohol was involved in 40
>> percent of the 42,000 annual U.S. traffic fatalities.

> Bull. You can always drop your cellular phone in your lap if
>necessary. Try suddenly quitting being drunk.

Now that is pathetic. Can you think at all?
Old July 1st 06, 09:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Eeyore[_1_]

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2006 20:06:42 -0700, "
> > wrote:
>
> >"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" quoted some news story:
> >> "Driving while talking on a cell phone is as bad as or maybe worse
> >> than driving drunk," said Drews, who said alcohol was involved in 40
> >> percent of the 42,000 annual U.S. traffic fatalities.

> > Bull. You can always drop your cellular phone in your lap if
> >necessary. Try suddenly quitting being drunk.

> Now that is pathetic. Can you think at all?

You're an idiot !

Graham

Old July 1st 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

> JohnH said in rec.autos.driving:
> The "romancer of necros" would be better off to stop humping the posts
> of a known troll.

And the " H of John," would be better off not worrying about what I do.
If you don't like my posts, killfile me.

Old July 1st 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE said in rec.autos.driving:
> On 30 Jun 2006 20:06:42 -0700, "
> > wrote:
>
> >"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" quoted some news story:
> >> "Driving while talking on a cell phone is as bad as or maybe worse
> >> than driving drunk," said Drews, who said alcohol was involved in 40
> >> percent of the 42,000 annual U.S. traffic fatalities.

> > Bull. You can always drop your cellular phone in your lap if
> >necessary. Try suddenly quitting being drunk.
> >

> Now that is pathetic. Can you think at all?

"editor," does more logical thinking on a bad day than you will do in
yout entire lifetime.

"There's not a shred of evidence that the jerries murdered anything
close to 7 million jooz. Another monstrous lie just like the 9-11
official story. "

-- Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend, 12/01/2004
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/9oog5