Quattro Fuel tanks

Old June 7th 06, 11:02 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Quattro Fuel tanks

"Pete" > wrote in message

> "Jim Pills" > wrote
>> Plug in what? Sounds rather intriguing...

> http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete

Thanks!

Old June 7th 06, 11:45 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Av" > wrote in message
> On 2006-06-06, Ronny > wrote:
> >> FYI... it's not good for your fuel pump to be running on "fumes."

> > hehe, once won't hurt it I'm sure

> It only takes one time, for your fuel pump to stop working :-)
> It happened to me, it can happen to you.
> Now I never let it get into the red, not worth spending USD150 on a new
> fuel pump just to be lazy.

Why would a fuel pump stop working if it sucked fumes or nothing at all? Are
they "lubricated" by the fuel running through them?

-al

Old June 7th 06, 11:51 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Av" > wrote in message
> On 2006-06-06, Ronny > wrote:
>>> FYI... it's not good for your fuel pump to be running on "fumes."

>> hehe, once won't hurt it I'm sure

> It only takes one time, for your fuel pump to stop working :-)
> It happened to me, it can happen to you.
> Now I never let it get into the red, not worth spending USD150 on a new
> fuel pump just to be lazy.

It happened to me, I had a new fuel pump about 6 months ago, the B6 had fuel
pump issues anyway

Old June 7th 06, 12:46 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Alan Sung" wrote

> Why would a fuel pump stop working if it sucked fumes or nothing at
> all? Are
> they "lubricated" by the fuel running through them?

The pump is cooled by the fuel in the tank.

Cheers,

Pete

Old June 7th 06, 01:56 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

I typically will fill up when the light comes on, just above 'E'. At
that point, it will take something like 14 - 14.5 gallons, meaning
there is between 2 and 2.5 gallons left in the tank (16.6 gallon tank).
The most I ever put in was 15.1 gallons, and the needle was hard up
against 'E' for quite a while.

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old June 7th 06, 02:03 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Dano58" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I typically will fill up when the light comes on, just above 'E'. At
> that point, it will take something like 14 - 14.5 gallons, meaning
> there is between 2 and 2.5 gallons left in the tank (16.6 gallon tank).
> The most I ever put in was 15.1 gallons, and the needle was hard up
> against 'E' for quite a while.
>
> Dan D
> '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
> Central NJ USA

Just for your info, I filled up last week and it cost me ....... £62.00 this
is the most I have ever put in and that's over $100 )) 02 A4 1.8Tq

Old June 7th 06, 07:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

In message >
"Ronny" > wrote:

> Just for your info, I filled up last week and it cost me ....... £62.00 this
> is the most I have ever put in and that's over $100 )) 02 A4 1.8Tq

Ha! I regularly get more than £70 worth in mine!

Old June 7th 06, 09:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Peter Bell" > wrote in message
> In message >
> "Ronny" > wrote:
>
>> Just for your info, I filled up last week and it cost me ....... £62.00
>> this
>> is the most I have ever put in and that's over $100 )) 02 A4 1.8Tq

> Ha! I regularly get more than £70 worth in mine!
>
> --
> Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with
> 'bellfamily')

It's just plain wrong isn't it

Old June 7th 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On 7 Jun 2006 05:56:39 -0700, "Dano58" > wrote:

>The most I ever put in was 15.1 gallons, and the needle was hard up
>against 'E' for quite a while.
>
>Dan D
>'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6

The most I ever put in was 15.6 gallons in my 98.5 A4 2.8Q, and I
really didn't intend to go that long, I just couldn't get to a gas
station sooner.
Old June 7th 06, 11:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Ronny" > wrote in message

> "Peter Bell" > wrote in message
>> In message >
>> "Ronny" > wrote:
>>
>>> Just for your info, I filled up last week and it cost me ....... £62.00 this
>>> is the most I have ever put in and that's over $100 )) 02 A4 1.8Tq

>> Ha! I regularly get more than £70 worth in mine!
>>
>> --
>> Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with 'bellfamily')

> It's just plain wrong isn't it

Yes, completely.

Ping Tigger: case study on rear O2 sensor and fuel trim Stephen H Honda 0 December 24th 05 05:37 AM
Can 02 Mustang show which cylinder misfires on scanner? John Shepardson Ford Mustang 3 August 29th 05 03:40 AM
DaimlerChrysler Commits Over $70 Million to Fuel Cell Shrike Dodge 0 March 30th 05 09:03 PM
90 spirit won't run Faulguys Chrysler 80 December 9th 04 11:41 PM
In-the-tank fuel pumps cause death and destruction Silver Surfer Chrysler 293 November 7th 04 03:41 PM