Is this a record?

Old February 19th 06, 11:31 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Is this a record?

My 1994 Audi 80, has not needed a single light bulb changed (external or
internal) since it was bought 12 years ago...is this a record???

O.

Old February 19th 06, 12:41 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:31:38 -0000, "Oslo" > wrote:

>My 1994 Audi 80, has not needed a single light bulb changed (external or
>internal) since it was bought 12 years ago...is this a record???

I'm impressed, especially if you've actually been driving it and at
night, too!
Old February 19th 06, 05:42 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Of course, he doesn't say how many of them are actually burned out,
just that he hasn't replaced any!! ;-)

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old February 19th 06, 06:57 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Dano58" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Of course, he doesn't say how many of them are actually burned out,
> just that he hasn't replaced any!! ;-)

Read it again Dano, "has not NEEDED a single light bulb changed". None are
burned out, they are all working perfectly. My local mechanic just did my
yearly service and said he had seen nothing like it. Quality car, love it to
bits.
O.

Old February 20th 06, 01:40 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Sorry, was trying to make a joke. ;-)

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old February 20th 06, 01:15 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Oslo" > skrev i en meddelelse
> My 1994 Audi 80, has not needed a single light bulb changed (external or
> internal) since it was bought 12 years ago...is this a record???
>
> O.

Ask your mechanics to check the generator voltage, it might be very low.

Greetings Aksel

Old February 20th 06, 01:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Dano58" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Sorry, was trying to make a joke. ;-)
>
> Dan D
> '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
> Central NJ USA

Probably need 3 engines though!!!!

Old February 20th 06, 04:02 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Oslo,
I dunno, apparently there's a light bulb at Thomas Edison's estate that is
still working from his days....of course, it hasn't been bumping over
potholes, etc. I find that amazing that all of the filaments are still
good, though I'd bet there'd be at least 1 instrument or switch illumination
bulb burned out. Of course, now that you've said it.......(you'd better be
knocking on some wood)....
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ - lotsa lights burned out, and replaced, and burned out,
(repeat ad nauseum)
1980 Audi 5k - ditto
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - dunno how many lights have been
burned and replaced....
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Old February 20th 06, 11:25 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Here is the world's oldest continuously buring lighbulb.

http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/time_m...lightbulb.html

Old February 21st 06, 03:03 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Aaron,
wow - thanks for the link. a whole web site including a "bulb cam" - isn't
the internet great?
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ