Sound System

Old June 16th 05, 02:26 PM
JP Roberts

You're talking from the realm of theoretical bla bla bla, I'm describing
real life. What happens in reality is what I said. If you don't believe me,
why don't you just get some hands on and try it yourself with a real BOSE
Audi system?

Then, and only then, are you in a position to discuss this.

Old June 16th 05, 03:03 PM
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Pete wrote:

>http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/usmodels.html#type
>
>B5 (A4) and C5 (A6) are different platforms, AFAIK.

Yes.

it's been discussed over and over. The Passat lies sizewise somewhere
in the middle and these days platform just means shared modular items.

Sharing they do.

Regards

Wolfgang
Old June 16th 05, 04:47 PM

JP Roberts wrote:
> You're talking from the realm of theoretical bla bla bla,

Are you an idiot in real life, or do you just play one on usenet?

Sheesh - first of all, Bose *anything* sucks, theory or not. Second,
don't talk theory if you don't want to be corrected when you're wrong.

E.P.

Old June 16th 05, 05:59 PM
Mike Smith

JP Roberts wrote:

> You're talking from the realm of theoretical bla bla bla

Yeah dude, Ohm's law, basic current draws and voltage drops, that's
*really* theoretical stuff. So theoretical, in fact, that I learned it
somewhere around 8th grade in shop class.

> I'm describing
> real life.

Yeah, because the theory behind electronics and electric circuits has
*nothing* to do with reality, right? It's all just fairy dust and
magic, right?

> What happens in reality is what I said. If you don't believe me,
> why don't you just get some hands on and try it yourself with a real BOSE
> Audi system?

Did you check the rated sensitivity of the replacement speakers? 'Cause
if you didn't, you have no way of knowing what caused the reduction in
volume. Could have been any of a number of things. But, unless the
amps in the Audi/Bose system are *incredibly* weak, the one thing that
*didn't* have anything to do with it was the rated impedance,
*especially* if you used *higher* impedance speakers. (Lower impedance
is a different story, as in that case, the amp might not be able to
supply enough current to drive the load.)

> Then, and only then, are you in a position to discuss this.

Gee, because you've installed a couple of speakers? I've been
*building* speakers for about 15 years now; I may be no Jim Thiel or
David Wilson, but I know at least a *little* about it - at least enough
to know that you, apparently, don't.

--
Mike Smith
Old June 17th 05, 04:49 PM
JP Roberts

Second that. The problem is that the components of Audi Bose are not really
Bose in their entirety. For example bass loudspeakers and the CD changer in
my car were Panasonic. That is the real problem, as I imagine if the system
had been labelled Panasonic, the Panasonic guys would have taken greater
care when making the product themselves.

Old June 20th 05, 01:20 PM
JP Roberts

> Are you an idiot in real life, or do you just play one on usenet?

Mind your language, you "etiquette know-it-all". Then, again, how could I
possibly take offence coming from
gadaafmgemischt-Mr-Apple-and-Orange-gemischt?

Old June 20th 05, 08:03 PM

JP Roberts wrote:

> > Are you an idiot in real life, or do you just play one on usenet?

> Mind your language...

>From your response, I'd guess that you're an idiot in real life.

Good luck with that.

E.P.

Old June 20th 05, 08:41 PM
JP Roberts

I'm perfectly immune to any criticism coming from individuals like you, Mr
GadaemScweinGemischtChemist. Such indecorous words coming from an otherwise
highly educated would-be Netiquette professor speak volumes about you and
your background.

> escribió en el mensaje
oups.com...

> JP Roberts wrote:
>> >
>> > Are you an idiot in real life, or do you just play one on usenet?

>> Mind your language...

>>From your response, I'd guess that you're an idiot in real life.

> Good luck with that.
>
> E.P.

YOU CAN'T DRIVE TOO SLOW Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Driving 93 April 21st 05 10:34 AM
Questions about 1999 CRV Sound System jj Honda 1 March 30th 05 05:18 AM
Infinity Sound System hachiroku Dodge 3 February 18th 05 05:31 PM
Monster Sound System? [email protected] Jeep 16 January 7th 05 03:31 PM
1990 V8 Sound system S William Mote Audi 3 November 6th 04 06:24 PM