Magnets on the fuel line intake

Old August 29th 08, 09:32 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

Default Magnets on the fuel line intake

Well, this argument looks quite rational but can only considered as
common sense which cannot be considered as a proof.
maybe because it is simple and it does not involve much R+D.
In health care, my friends have seen the same, the doctors are only
pushed by pharmaceutical companies backed by insurance companies (in
the USA where they rule) and NHS bodies (where people believe in
public services) to apply very complex medecine that needed ages of
work to produce then to solve the problems simply like you can do
often it.

To justify an overpiced option, you have to explain that it required
years of development.

But to say that is quite irrational although I have a few friends how
can prove it in the health care world.

For example, if solar panels were so good, why is it that thay do not
cover the whole of Italy or the south of the USA ?
It is funny because you see them everywhere in Turkey and theydo run
very well.

Or another here, the French know how to make a smooth car hold the
road very well with classical suspensions, why is it that the big
three never could do it on a cheap and simple car where Renault or
Peugeot can ?

Luc Rolland

Old August 29th 08, 09:36 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

On Aug 28, 4:20*pm, Frank > wrote:
> laurentien knastet i vei:
>
> >> engines and, from 1931, the company was a pioneer in front-wheel drive
> >> and transverse mounting."

> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DKW

> > No, Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information, since I have
> > read a lot of false information there and anyone can write in there. I

> Thhen, look at a picture of a DKW 1931 with fwd
>
> * *http://www.classiccar.com/photopost/...to/240/cat/514
> * *http://www.automotto.org/entry/top-1...-vintage-cars/
>
> Fake ? False ?
>
> Try Google
>
> *http://www.google.no/search?hl=no&q=dkw+fwd

These sites do not prove your point.
For now fake !

LHR
Old August 29th 08, 09:40 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

On Aug 28, 4:29*pm, Frank > wrote:
> Frank knastet i vei:
>

> > laurentien knastet i vei:

> >> No, Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information, since I have
> >> read a lot of false information there and anyone can write in there. I

> > Thhen, look at a picture of a DKW 1931 with fwd

> > *http://www.classiccar.com/photopost/...to/240/cat/514
> > *http://www.automotto.org/entry/top-1...-vintage-cars/

> > Fake ? False ?

> > Try Google

> > *http://www.google.no/search?hl=no&q=dkw+fwd

> At Audi.com website;
>
> "The 1931 DKW F 1 was the car that introduced front-wheel drive to the
> mass-produced car for the first time."
>
> "In 1933, an Audi with front-wheel drive appeared, to join the DKW
> `Front´ models on the market"
>
> http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en2/abo...technical_high...
>
> ---
>
> Need more references ?- Hide quoted text -

OK, this is a genuine piece of information. Point made.

I then will tell everyone that up to now, DKW (Auto Union) were the
first to mass produce a FWD with a twin stroke engine and this car was
cheap enough to be available to a lot of people.

Yes, I would need an image of motor and drive train so I can show that
on my blog and to my students. I am bout to build the history of FWD.

Thanks for the information,

Luc
Old August 29th 08, 09:51 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

On Aug 28, 4:47*pm, Frank > wrote:
> Frank knastet i vei:
>
> > Need more references ?

> Conclusion, the frog eaters came with fwd 4 years later then DKW,
> 2 years later than Audi.

By the way, eating frogs is very tasty if you know how to prepare them
in garlic and high quality oilve oil. Oh, by the way, I am not
French.

> Your information "Citroen ... in 1935 making them the first company
> to mass produce a FWD." *Indicated as being incorrect.

Point made but it took you sime time to give valuable piece of
information.

> ---
>
> I guess, your impression of "dramatic acceleration improvements" with
> "Magnets on the fuel line intake" on your Audi, will show to be as
> unfounded as your statements on fwd ...

You are being undully emotional.
This is simply judgmental from your part.
Understand that I do not know anyone who knows that DKW and Audi did a
FWD before Citroen. You should be more tolerant about ignorance, event
after trying a lot a searches on google.

Maybe I did insult some Audi or even DKW engineers by forgeting their
input in car evolution and I do apologize for that. However, the fact
is that Citroen was also a pioneer on FWD and this you can at least
recognise without removing on DKW's contribution.

Now, lets got to the next step and compare numbers. How many FWD for
each car models did DKW, Audi and Citroen produce. You have to
remember that the Citroen Traction was a best seller in France for
quite a while.

Cordialy,

Luc
Old August 29th 08, 10:20 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Frank

laurentien knastet i vei:
> On Aug 28, 4:47 pm, Frank > wrote:
>> Frank knastet i vei:
>>
>>> Need more references ?

>> Conclusion, the frog eaters came with fwd 4 years later then DKW,
>> 2 years later than Audi.
>>

> By the way, eating frogs is very tasty if you know how to prepare them
> in garlic and high quality oilve oil. Oh, by the way, I am not
> French.

I'll try it, thanx ;-)

> Now, lets got to the next step and compare numbers. How many FWD for
> each car models did DKW, Audi and Citroen produce. You have to
> remember that the Citroen Traction was a best seller in France for
> quite a while.

No doubt, Kermit did an excellent job.
Old August 30th 08, 04:01 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ed Pirrero

On Aug 26, 1:44*am, laurentien > wrote:
> I would like to inquire if any Audi drivers in this forum have
> installed magnets on their fuel line intake.

Where's the hard data?

Accelerometer?

Fuel logs?

E.P.
Old August 30th 08, 08:39 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 01:32:50 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
something compelled laurentien >, to say:

> Well, this argument looks quite rational but can only considered as
> common sense which cannot be considered as a proof.

True enough.

Tell us, Mr. Engineering Researcher, do you have data past what
you feel in your butt when you mash the gas pedal? Which
scientific methods have you employed, and which instruments are
you using? So far all we've seen is "It feels like it's more
powerful, and this constitutes scientific research." which I
assure you, does not.
--

"The ABS system can not overcome the laws of physics."

Audi Owner's Manual
Old September 1st 08, 02:05 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

Last thing here.
I did visit Audi's website and they mention that the UW was out in
1933.
if you look on Citroen's webiste
http://www.citroen.com/CWW/en-US/HIS...O1939/1930.htm
you will see that they launched the Traction in 1934.
This narrows the gap between the 2 that can easily compete for being
the most original car makers in the world in my humble opinion since
they were all having a car linup of FWD in the 50's.

But, I forgot, the original point was to explain to some that so many
original and effective ideas do not see their way to the final product
line for quite some time. It is pity to say that I have plenty of
examples which show that major compamies (except a few) are very
conservative and will really make serious changes whence their back
against the wall.

Bests,

Luc

Old September 1st 08, 04:44 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 06:05:53 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
something compelled laurentien >, to say:

> But, I forgot, the original point was to explain to some that so many
> original and effective ideas do not see their way to the final product
> line for quite some time. It is pity to say that I have plenty of
> examples which show that major compamies (except a few) are very
> conservative and will really make serious changes whence their back
> against the wall.

And in the case of your gas magnet, it's been at least thirty
eight years. If it worked, you'd think it would have caught on
by now.
--

Life is too short to play cheap guitars.
Old September 2nd 08, 09:16 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

No, it has been there on the BF109, USAF Mustangs and RAF Spitfires
around 1944.
This story is more than 60 years old.

So, knowing how serious the military people are, this makes this story
likely to be true.

Independant suspensions, overhead camshafts, hemi heads and multivalve
systems were imagines in the thirties.
Even Citroen introduced unibody construction (without any chassis in
1934 on its Traction)

In the USA, you had to wait for Chrysler until 1969 to introduce
unibody.
You had to wait until the nineties before they decided to follow the
Europeans who were using overhead cams long before.

Now, how many people did try them ? Where are the serious reports
which a proper approach to study effects of magnetic fields on the
parafins ?

Everybody believe the same as you do, that is then a good reason to
try then.

Bests,

LHR

On Sep 1, 4:44 pm, Steve Daniels > wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 06:05:53 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
> something compelled laurentien >, to say:
>
> > But, I forgot, the original point was to explain to some that so many
> > original and effective ideas do not see their way to the final product
> > line for quite some time. It is pity to say that I have plenty of
> > examples which show that major compamies (except a few) are very
> > conservative and will really make serious changes whence their back
> > against the wall.

> And in the case of your gas magnet, it's been at least thirty
> eight years. If it worked, you'd think it would have caught on
> by now.
> --
>
> Life is too short to play cheap guitars.

Replacing main fuel pump. Question pinching fuel line from transfer pump. tonyw VW water cooled 2 August 14th 06 06:09 AM
magnets on fuel line barry Mazda 22 July 29th 06 02:44 PM
New Fuel Line? Lee VW air cooled 10 October 19th 05 02:04 PM
Magnets, apple corers and other fuel saving devices Technology 22 September 21st 05 06:27 PM
Fuel line leak at fuel rail [email protected] Technology 2 May 9th 05 01:33 AM