99 A6 2.8 Crusie Conrol

Old March 17th 08, 02:12 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
. . . /\\/\\ i k e

Default 99 A6 2.8 Crusie Conrol

About 4 months ago, I noticed an intermittant problem with the crusie
control. Some days, it would not engage, some days it would.
This lasted about a week or two, and since then, it just won't engage at
all.

Any ideas what might be wrong and/or where to start looking?.

Thanks...

....Mike

Old March 17th 08, 07:37 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ[_3_]

Probably either the switch on the steering column needs contacts cleaned
with CRC or if yours has a vacuum switch above the brake pedal it might
be sticking or need adjustment.

Old April 4th 08, 06:31 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

I've found this to be the beginning of the end, sorry to say, and it
is a very difficult problem to diagnose. However, looks like you got
some good advice from TonyJ.

Just a fair warning, it could be very costly to fix, if it can be
fixed at all.

I had a control replaced once and it lasted 1 day! LOL