selecting our next vehices lighting system

Old January 30th 05, 11:42 PM
rubenoff

Default selecting our next vehices lighting system

Vehicle selection survey Please feel free to complete this vehicle
selection survey and add or remove comments as you see fit

Selecting a vehicle for night time driving, and a unit that will allow the
owner/ Driver to be able to respect the eyes on the oncoming motorists

Questions that are answered in the 5 point rating area should
provide an area of discussions, of margins of vehicle safety standards

you do the math

think a lot about question # 6 when doing the survey)

1, Is the vehicle equipped with daytime running lamps? yes---- 5 no---

2, do the Daytime running lamps operate in the low beam circuit? yes---5
no--

3, do the daytime running lamps operate
at aprox 60% reduced brillance? yes---5 no---

4, do the Daytime running lamps extinguish
with park brake applied ? yes-----5 no--

5, If the answer to # 2 and # 3 are no, are there 2 additional lamps
installed to operate the Daytime running lamp function ? yes----5 no--

6, Do the 2 additional Daytime running lamps
extinguish at night time? yes--5 no--

7, are there fog lamps supplied on the unit? yes---5 no--

8, is there a illuminated on/off switch supplied so the fog lamps can be
shut off
when the weather is clear and to respect the eyes of oncomong drivers?
yes-- 5 no---

9, can the fog lamps operate alone with the park lamps,
tail lamps and marker ? yes--5 no---- ( advantage in heavy fog)

10, Can the fog lamps operate with low beam operations? yes---5 no---

11, are the fog lamps switch restricted so that they cannot operate on
high beam lamp operations ? yes-----5 no--

12, Are additional driving lamps supplied on unit? yes----- no--

13, is there an illuminated on/off switch supplied so these can be shut
off ?
yes----5 no--

14, are the driving lamps switch restricted to operate solely
with high beam lamps ? yes----5 no--

15 are the driving lamps switch restricted so they cannot
operate on low beam yes---5 no---

16, are there more than 2 parking lamps supplied on the unit? yes----
no---

17, if more than 2 park lamps are supplied, are the 2 additional park
lamps
equipped with park lamps bulbs that do not exceed the
national standard of 2 candlepower per lamp ? yes----5 -no--

Total score ------- -----
BJ

Old January 31st 05, 12:56 AM
Dave C.

"rubenoff" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...

> Vehicle selection survey Please feel free to complete this vehicle
> selection survey and add or remove comments as you see fit
>

> Selecting a vehicle for night time driving, and a unit that will allow the
> owner/ Driver to be able to respect the eyes on the oncoming motorists
>
> Questions that are answered in the 5 point rating area should
> provide an area of discussions, of margins of vehicle safety standards
>
> you do the math
>
> think a lot about question # 6 when doing the survey)
>
> 1, Is the vehicle equipped with daytime running lamps? yes---- 5 no---

(snip)

I take it a LOW total score is better, then? -Dave

Old January 31st 05, 04:04 AM
Mot Adv-NSW

"rubenoff" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...

> Vehicle selection survey Please feel free to complete this vehicle
> selection survey and add or remove comments as you see fit

Can't do this, the questions are incomplete, you have ommitted questions
relating to REAR FOG LAMP/S.

'Fog lamps' is a generic term. One should take into account both FRONT and
REAR.

I'd not own a vehicle without a rear fog lamp, standard taillights are plain
useless in heavy fog, snowfall, wildfire smoke, in torrential rain.

I can live without front fog lamps, these are merely luxery items, useful,
but the primary defence in hazardous weather conditions is the rear fog
light.

Scroll down to 'Driving in rain, fog or snow'. (This is THE ONLY US driver
training manual with text on the matter, to date).
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmanual...r10-manual.htm

Old January 31st 05, 05:46 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, rubenoff wrote:

<yet another bunch of misinformed crapola, this time in survey form>

My killfile is full of willfully ignorant putzes like yourself, Rubenoff.
Now plus one.

Old January 31st 05, 11:26 PM
rubenoff

Thanks for the comments Unfortunately the items in the survey reflect what
is going on in the field with DRL implimantations
Because the D.O.T, Transport Canada and The NTSHA have not taken a firm
stand and placed
Standards that control the implimentation of
Daytime Running lamps more as a across the board
standard

variants prevail
This allow several versions on the highway syatems, and allow additional
lights to be used
many that do not extinguish at night.

THe DRL1 built in Canada uses the low beam at reduced brillance and is
well accepted
And 2 additional lamps are not required to operate the DRL system

That cause complaints from the uncoming motorists
during meeting oncoming vehicles at night
At night time in most case we only need headlamps
and 2 park lamps to be lit to depict the outter edge of the vehicle in
case of headlamp burnout.

But there seems to be a space race to add more and more lights for the
oncoming drivers to endure

Have a nice week

2002 L300 Wagon 37000 miles Ed Saturn 9 January 6th 05 02:16 PM
C5 problems (98 in particular) radar Corvette 12 January 3rd 05 11:04 PM
'01 Stratus heater issues [email protected] Chrysler 10 December 17th 04 01:14 AM
Help with after-market security system identification and uninstall No1 General 0 February 6th 04 06:00 AM