Reving up to 4 & 1/2 RPM before shifting into next gear

Old January 10th 05, 09:20 PM
blondiej

Default Reving up to 4 & 1/2 RPM before shifting into next gear

Does anyone else have this problem? It's frustrating. I just bought my
2001 Honda Civic and I'm having problems. The shifter wouldn't shift into
drive without unlocking it and then the check engine light went on. Anyone
with solutions to these problems PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

Old January 10th 05, 11:30 PM
Randolph

blondiej wrote:

> Does anyone else have this problem? It's frustrating. I just bought my
> 2001 Honda Civic and I'm having problems. The shifter wouldn't shift into
> drive without unlocking it and then the check engine light went on. Anyone
> with solutions to these problems PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

I am sure you know that you have to step on the brakes in order to be
able to shift out of park. If you can't shift out of park even while
stepping on the brakes, the problem is usually a broken switch at the
brake pedal or a broken solenoid at the base of the shift lever.