A6 parking sensor problem

Old February 26th 06, 07:09 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default A6 parking sensor problem

It seems the parking sensors, (front and rear) are having a hissy fit on
my late 2001 (2002 model) A6. Usually if I put the car into Reverse
(it's an auto/tiptronic) the parking sensors automagically come on, the
light on the dash button fires up and the relevant intermittant>constant
beeping commences.

But now the beeping has all gone to shot, sometimes it beeps
intermittantly, sometimes it's a spiteful constant beeeeeep and
eventually the dash light switches from on to flashing.

I'm guessing it's got it's knickers in a twist and needs some sort of
reset, but I have no idea how and the user manual I have is in German -
not handy when I don't speak/read German.

Any advice?

PS: it's amazing how much you come to miss such toys, I'm reasonably
adept at parking, so it's not a huge issue, but it does help with such a
big car.

--
Dnc
A6 2.5TDi V6 Quattro Sport Avant
Old February 27th 06, 03:09 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Dnc,
Check on Audiworld's A6 forum to see if anybody else has this problem, or
you could scan the manual/run it through text recognition/run the results
through Babelfish at Altavista.com.
Chances are you've got a problem with the sensors - check to make sure
they're clean.
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)