GTL comments (and questions)

Old July 6th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RocketMan

Default GTL comments (and questions)

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of the available tracks for
GTL?
I notice that the current Nurburgring GP track is available, but is the
full Nordschleife available??
I am currently working my way slowly through the Cup Challenge. I assume
that more tracks (and cars) become available as you progress.
How do other people find the AI? I find only the top level provides any
challenge. The V8 GTs (Mustang, Falcon/Futura) do not seem anywhere near
fast enough on the straights, in comparison to the Cortina and Mini. I know
the Lotus Cortinas are fast (I have raced one), but here in New Zealand, all
the V8s (Mustang, Futura, Bonneville) race away from the four cylinder cars
on the straights. They are quicker on all the tracks, even the tighter
tracks. I 'spose the new grippy tyres, and new technology in the
'replacement' components could make a significant difference. The '64 'stang
I rode in on the track certainly handled better than the representation in
the game.
Anyone got under 3 minutes for Spa in the Lotus Cortina? My best is 3:02
using the default setup.
I'm also playing Richard Burns Rally. My GPL and N2003 are sitting very
lonely on my HD - don't seem to have the time for them. The new games (GTL &
RBR) seem to be a big improvement in the area of graphics and physics (and
enjoyment!). Now I just need a decent wheel and pedals (<US$300).

--

RocketMan

Old July 6th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=241728

> I notice that the current Nurburgring GP track is available, but is the
> full Nordschleife available??

A beta version at the link above

> I am currently working my way slowly through the Cup Challenge. I assume
> that more tracks (and cars) become available as you progress.
> How do other people find the AI? I find only the top level provides any
> challenge. The V8 GTs (Mustang, Falcon/Futura) do not seem anywhere near
> fast enough on the straights, in comparison to the Cortina and Mini.

The AI Mustang and Falcon seem a bit slow to keep the pack together in
my view. Online the difference is more pronounced. Some tracks like
Donington are well balanced whilst others either favour the nimble cars
or faster ones. To keep the cup challenges close the ai are artificially
close IMHO.

Cheers
Tony