GT Legends,wizard help needed

Old July 5th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy

Default GT Legends,wizard help needed

Hey,

I was showing my older brother 'the' game this weekend, while he was
visiting, and noticed a peculiarity, (that I, having run offline in the same
profile for many moons now) had not noticed. He hated the buttons I use for
shifting and clutch so I told him to make his own profile. I was busy
getting some stuff ready for the 4th of July festival we had later, so I
walked off. He made one, set {some buttons on the MS FF wheel, & controls
to his liking} and was trying several cars on the one track that he vaguely
recalls from Indycar Racing 2 (papy) which was Road America.

1st off he said "wish there was some display that would come up so I could
see if I am doing better each lap (because the in car thingy was obscured by
hands in some cars, or out of sight in others... Same with the fuggin
mirrors... Anywho I was like, "damn what is up, where's the pitboard, maybe
your profile has it off...?" rechecked it, refused to show up. So I had
him try the built in tracks... he forgot what key was his clutch for a
minute and pressed every button on the wheel once, finally ESC to reset his
overturned car, finished the lap and the pitboard finally come up, running
around Dijon GP I think it was. yet nowhere could I find a button to kick
this on or off, and it was checked in his profile... so apparently the add
on tracks do NOT necessarily support the pitboard huh? I had forgotten,
pitboard for practice and qual as well as race? or race time only?

so 2 more questions arise from this weekend...

1 How the hell do I get the mirrors into the (viewable area of the) screen,
like half the cars the mirrors are located outside visible area, mini's are
typical... I had not bothered to race the cars that this was a problem in,
because I was LAZY to ask before now plus having fun with the few cars I did
enjoy...

2 I have the manual, yet I forget & without someone to refresh my memory
what is the space bar change in the in car computer readout? like press
space once = shows what? twice = what? 3 times = split time difference
from "last lap, or is it your BEST LAP" etc.

thanks guys

Old July 6th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy

I have that setup like that Uwe... I move seat back and all that... I
thought someone did something with "virtual" mirrors... I hope to hunt on
rsc for that info, sometime soon.

later & thanks
Uwe Schürkamp enlightened us with: