Video of Lower Wacker Drive in Chicago

Old June 5th 11, 05:30 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Video of Lower Wacker Drive in Chicago

Hi Viatologists,

The Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL) now introduces a video of
Lower Wacker Drive from Chicago, USA:

http://wwtl.info/#lower-wackerv.html

Come follow the westbound journey along the Chicago River before the
roads bends to the south! As part of the underground road system in
downtown Chicago (also known as the "Chicago Loop"), Lower Wacker
Drive allows a less-congested alternative to the surface streets
above.

As of June 2011, the southbound carriageway is under renovation and
closed to commercial traffic. This renovation is expected to take a
significant amount of time to complete, and as a result, will
temporarily disrupt traffic flow towards Interstate 290. Once
construction completes, expect a much safer structure and better
connections to Interstate 290.

As the worldwide leader in highway videos, the WWTL offers 248 unique
videos from North America, South America, Asia, and Europe. Visit our
main page to see a random video on every visit!

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
http://m.wwtl.info [Mobile]
+1 201.676.0185 [Press]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********
Old June 5th 11, 11:43 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Steve Firth

**** off.
Old June 13th 11, 03:43 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Helen A. Handbasket

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT), in rec.autos.driving Carl
Rogers > wrote:

>As part of the underground road system in
>downtown Chicago (also known as the "Chicago Loop"), Lower Wacker
>Drive allows a less-congested alternative to the surface streets
>above.

Except, as any REAL scientist would have known, Lower Wacker Drive is
not *under*ground: it is actually *at ground level*. Upper Wacker is,
in reality, a viaduct that runs above street level, much like the
famous Chicago "L". This arrangement stems from the time when Chicago,
a city basically built on swampland, literally raised itself out of
the mud.

Of course, to learn more about this topic, one would have to visit a
website other than the WWorthless Transportation Library. Perhaps the
ICANN should create a new TLD called .misinfo and move Mr. Rogers'
site over to it.
Old June 13th 11, 11:48 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Reality Check

"Helen A. Handbasket" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT), in rec.autos.driving Carl
> Rogers > wrote:

<bitch slap>

> Except, as any REAL scientist would have known, Lower Wacker Drive is
> not *under*ground: it is actually *at ground level*.

Of course, Carl is not a scientist.

>Upper Wacker is,
> in reality, a viaduct that runs above street level, much like the
> famous Chicago "L". This arrangement stems from the time when Chicago,
> a city basically built on swampland, literally raised itself out of
> the mud.

Such a detail is irrelevant in Carl's spamming his garbage site to usenet..
Of course, all you have to do is change one letter in Wacker Dr to make it
more descriptive of Carl.

> Of course, to learn more about this topic, one would have to visit a
> website other than the WWorthless Transportation Library. Perhaps the
> ICANN should create a new TLD called .misinfo and move Mr. Rogers'
> site over to it.

A better TLD would be .crap as in wwtl.crap or wwtl.iscrap

RC

Old June 14th 11, 01:05 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Dave__67

On Jun 5, 6:43*pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
> Carl Rogers > wrote:
> > Hi Viatologists,

> **** off.

There is , of course, only one definitive driving video of lower
wacker drive.

The Blues Brothers car chase!

Dave
Old June 16th 11, 01:41 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
JG[_2_]

On Jun 13, 9:43*am, Helen A. Handbasket > wrote:

> Except, as any REAL scientist would have known, Lower Wacker Drive is
> not *under*ground: it is actually *at ground level*. Upper Wacker is,
> in reality, a viaduct that runs above street level, much like the
> famous Chicago "L". This arrangement stems from the time when Chicago,
> a city basically built on swampland, literally raised itself out of
> the mud.

As part of the current reconstruction, the old trolley river tunnel
entrance has been uncovered on Washington St., east of Wacker. The
interweb says it closed in 1952.
Old June 20th 11, 05:50 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Sir Ray

Well, I watched the video since I have never driven on Lower (or even
Upper) Wacker Drive, not being from Chicago, and I wondered if anyone
else noticed whoever recorded it futz around stopped for a good 2-3
seconds after a traffic light turned green, so they could continue to
film an intersection.