Errata on WWTL landing page: Firefox and Chrome users affected

Old February 13th 11, 06:23 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Errata on WWTL landing page: Firefox and Chrome users affected

Hi Viatologists,

Some errata was recently discovered on WWTL landing page. If you
happened to be visiting us using Firefox or Chrome, you may have
noticed garbled Chinese text on the screen. This string of garbled
text prevented the photo slideshow from starting.

The root cause involved a mismatch in text encoding. Unless a form of
text encoding was specifically declared, the Firefox and Chrome
browsers assumed UTF-16 encoding was appropriate. Thus, what you saw
was unintended rendering of multi-bit characters. Furthermore, the
problem would only reproduce on repeat visits to the WWTL. First-time
visits to the landing page had no such issues.

(Internet Explorer was fortunately unaffected by this errata, so the
slideshow would always play w/o problems.)

A fix is now in place! A more compatible form of text-encoding is now
in use that's compatible w/ all browsers. Many thanks to Katie Usky
for reporting this problem. ...Goes to show that, an objective
description of a problem lead to objective solutions.

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
http://m.wwtl.info [Mobile]
+1 201.676.0185 [Press]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********

Old February 13th 11, 06:47 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Mark Goodge

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:23:32 -0800 (PST), Carl Rogers put finger to
keyboard and typed:

>Hi Viatologists,
>
>Some errata was recently discovered on WWTL landing page.

How appropriate.

Mark
--
"Amusement first, viatology second"
The official Viatology website:
Old February 13th 11, 07:40 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Reality Check

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message

> Hi Viato < bitch slap >

The only error in your website is the website itself, you fairy.

RC

Old February 13th 11, 07:47 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Steve Firth

Carl Rogers > wrote:

> Some errata was recently discovered on WWTL landing page.

Recently? Errors have been present on your ****-pig abortion of a
web****e ever since you created the Technicolor Yawn.

Presumably you mean "some more errors even more embarassing than the
countless ****ing stupid errors that derive from Carl Todger's inability
to write code."

BTW, errata is the plural.

BTW BTW, Bagno doesn't mean "lavatory".

> If you happened to be visiting us using Firefox or Chrome, you may have
> noticed garbled Chinese text on the screen.

Not only that, there was garbled English text on the screen. And garbled
Italian, Garbled German and Garbled ****-pig dialect.

> This string of garbled text prevented the photo slideshow from starting.

We must be thankful for small mercies.

BTW, my objective solution to your small problem is that you cut it off
and staple it onto a mouse where it will be more in proportion.
Old February 16th 11, 06:32 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Judith

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:23:32 -0800 (PST), Carl Rogers
> wrote:

>Hi Viatologists,
>
>Some errata was recently discovered on WWTL landing page.

Why did you write a list of errors on the page?

"a list of errors and their corrections inserted, usually on a
separate page or slip of paper, in a book or other publication;
corrigenda. "

I think the words you were looking for were " A ****up"

Old February 19th 11, 05:26 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Elmer

> the problem would only reproduce on repeat visits to the WWTL. *First-time
> visits to the landing page had no such issues.

Well then it shouldn't have bothered anyone. Who would ever want to go
there more than once?

Elmer

Old February 19th 11, 06:21 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Harry K

On Feb 18, 9:26*pm, Elmer > wrote:
> > the problem would only reproduce on repeat visits to the WWTL. *First-time
> > visits to the landing page had no such issues.

> Well then it shouldn't have bothered anyone. Who would ever want to go
> there more than once?
>
> Elmer

So far the number of people wanting to there even once is a vanishing
small number

Harry K
Old February 19th 11, 07:16 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Mark Goodge" > wrote in message
house.net...
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:23:32 -0800 (PST), Carl Rogers put finger to
> keyboard and typed:
>
>>Hi Viatologists,
>>
>>Some errata was recently discovered on WWTL landing page.

> How appropriate.

But rec.autos.driving shouldn't be used by the "viatologist" SPAMMER as a
defect tracking repository anyway. The errata should be on the site and in
whatever defect tracking system the SPAMMER is using but NOT also dumped
here. Furthermore, any site update progress should be maintained in a
similar system, NOT also dumped here.

No one cares about WWTL except for alternate identities likely created by
the SPAMMER that are pretending to approve of the site.

In summary, how pathetic for that SPAMMER in general.

Who do you affected by a crash? gpsman Driving 2 April 5th 10 04:35 AM
Attention Firefox 2.x users Carl Rogers Driving 7 August 10th 09 06:01 PM
Fullscreen video now supported on Firefox! [email protected] Driving 9 March 23rd 08 04:48 AM
Landing in St Maartin J.F. Auto Photos 0 June 28th 07 09:39 AM
Chooper landing in street morticide Driving 32 August 6th 06 09:39 PM