Aerial photographs from the Silicon Valley

Old January 9th 11, 06:42 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Aerial photographs from the Silicon Valley

Hi Viatologists,

Happy New Year! The Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL) is happy
to begin its 11th year of service. To ring things out, I had the
awesome experience of riding in a zeppelin last week. (To those of
you in the U.S. interior who wouldn't know any better, a zeppelin is a
helium-filled blimp secured by an internal wire frame. It floats in
the air and is quite fabulous.)

Here are some photographs taken from the air, including shots of US
Federal Route 101 and California 85:

http://wwtl.info/#us-101_3cb.html
(101/85 interchange in Mountain View)

http://wwtl.info/ca-85_2.html
http://wwtl.info/ca-85_3.html
http://wwtl.info/ca-85_4.html
(California 85 in Mountain View)

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
http://m.wwtl.info [Mobile]
+1 201.676.0185 [Press]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********
Old January 9th 11, 08:09 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Mark Goodge

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 10:42:20 -0800 (PST), Carl Rogers put finger to keyboard
and typed:

>Hi Viatologists,

Welcome to the science of wrong: http://www.viatology.info

Mark
--
Blog: http://mark.goodge.co.uk
Stuff: http://www.good-stuff.co.uk
Old January 9th 11, 08:27 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Dimitry Megadeth

Default And nao for something that's actually interesting!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625778214228/
Michael Summa's Northeastern US pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625777825364/
Michael Summa's New York Pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625651856019/
Old Cody Road-1926 Cody to Yellowstone road(US 14 now)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625777154440/
US 9W Vineyard Ave Bridge Works 2008

http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625775638718/
Michael Summa's Colorado Pictures

Loads of really cool stuff that doesn't exist anymoar!

--
Otto Yamamoto
Old January 9th 11, 08:33 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Reality Check

Default What a load of crap! {Was: Aerial photographs from the Silicon Valley}

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message

> Hi Viat <bitch slap>

Only calrog could produce such garbage.

RC

Old January 10th 11, 12:19 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Steve Riner

On Jan 9, 1:27*pm, Dimitry Megadeth > wrote:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625778214228/
> Michael Summa's Northeastern US pictures
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625777825364/
> Michael Summa's New York Pictures
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625651856019/
> Old Cody Road-1926 Cody to Yellowstone road(US 14 now)
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625777154440/
> US 9W Vineyard Ave Bridge Works 2008
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625775638718/
> Michael Summa's Colorado Pictures
>
> Loads of really cool stuff that doesn't exist anymoar!
>
> --
> Otto Yamamoto

Wow, that Michael Summa was a cyclin' fool. Every corner of Colorado
was represented in those shots. Multiple seasons, too...snow in some,
summer skies in others. Lots of things you don't see any more, like
cutout U.S. shields and black-on-white guide signs. As far as more
precisely dating the shots, the only clues are that, first, I-76 was
shown rather than I-80S. That would have been 1975. Second, the
freeway exit signs had milepost based rather than sequential exit
numbers. Not sure when that change took place, but when I drove
through here in 1973 all the exits were sequential. As late as 2003,
you could see some very old signs with the paint shadow of the old
exit number still visible.

Steve Riner
Pueblo West CO

Explore New Mexico and Minnesota highways: http://www.steve-riner.com
Old January 10th 11, 01:45 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Steve Firth

****, and if I may so, off.
Old January 10th 11, 02:16 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Dimitry Megadeth

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 16:19:19 -0800, Steve Riner wrote:

> On Jan 9, 1:27Â*pm, Dimitry Megadeth > wrote:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625778214228/
>> Michael Summa's Northeastern US pictures
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625777825364/
>> Michael Summa's New York Pictures
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625651856019/ Old
>> Cody Road-1926 Cody to Yellowstone road(US 14 now)
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625777154440/ US
>> 9W Vineyard Ave Bridge Works 2008
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625775638718/
>> Michael Summa's Colorado Pictures
>>
>> Loads of really cool stuff that doesn't exist anymoar!
>>
>> --
>> Otto Yamamoto

> Wow, that Michael Summa was a cyclin' fool. Every corner of Colorado was
> represented in those shots. Multiple seasons, too...snow in some, summer
> skies in others. Lots of things you don't see any more, like cutout U.S.
> shields and black-on-white guide signs. As far as more precisely dating
> the shots, the only clues are that, first, I-76 was shown rather than
> I-80S. That would have been 1975. Second, the freeway exit signs had
> milepost based rather than sequential exit numbers. Not sure when that
> change took place, but when I drove through here in 1973 all the exits
> were sequential. As late as 2003, you could see some very old signs with
> the paint shadow of the old exit number still visible.
>
> Steve Riner
> Pueblo West CO
>
> Explore New Mexico and Minnesota highways: http://www.steve-riner.com

There was a transitional period where CO was using the EXIT XXX/MILE XXX
plates. I may have a picture of that somewhere. In the picture I had,
there was a junction with an A-B designation- So the plate read EXIT XXX
A-B and MILE XXX A-B.

--
Otto Yamamoto
Old January 10th 11, 02:16 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Dasyurid

On 2011-01-10 04:42:20 +1000, Carl Rogers > said:

> Hi Viatologists,
>
> Happy New Year! The Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL) is happy
> to begin its 11th year of service. To ring things out, I had the
> awesome experience of riding in a zeppelin last week. (To those of
> you in the U.S. interior who wouldn't know any better, a zeppelin is a
> helium-filled blimp secured by an internal wire frame. It floats in
> the air and is quite fabulous.)
>
> Here are some photographs taken from the air, including shots of US
> Federal Route 101 and California 85:

Very warm wishes for the New Year to you Mr Rogers. I hope that you
will find the required energy to push large scale Viatology to the
ignorant masses this year and achieve true critical mass. I think you
should concentrate on merchandising this year. In previous years you
have run excellent eductional campaigns, and now the time is right to
get the payback from this education.

Just think of the money you could make if large numbers of car drivers
had a genuine first edition Viatology mug in their cupholders.

Old January 10th 11, 04:30 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Steve Riner

On Jan 9, 7:16*pm, Dimitry Megadeth > wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 16:19:19 -0800, Steve Riner wrote:
> > On Jan 9, 1:27*pm, Dimitry Megadeth > wrote:
> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625778214228/
> >> Michael Summa's Northeastern US pictures

> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625777825364/
> >> Michael Summa's New York Pictures

> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...5651856019/Old
> >> Cody Road-1926 Cody to Yellowstone road(US 14 now)

> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...25777154440/US
> >> 9W Vineyard Ave Bridge Works 2008

> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/otto-ya...7625775638718/
> >> Michael Summa's Colorado Pictures

> >> Loads of really cool stuff that doesn't exist anymoar!

> >> --
> >> Otto Yamamoto

> > Wow, that Michael Summa was a cyclin' fool. Every corner of Colorado was
> > represented in those shots. Multiple seasons, too...snow in some, summer
> > skies in others. Lots of things you don't see any more, like cutout U.S..
> > shields and black-on-white guide signs. As far as more precisely dating
> > the shots, the only clues are that, first, I-76 was shown rather than
> > I-80S. That would have been 1975. Second, the freeway exit signs had
> > milepost based rather than sequential exit numbers. Not sure when that
> > change took place, but when I drove through here in 1973 all the exits
> > were sequential. As late as 2003, you could see some very old signs with
> > the paint shadow of the old exit number still visible.

> > Steve Riner
> > Pueblo West CO

> > Explore New Mexico and Minnesota highways:http://www.steve-riner.com

> There was a transitional period where CO was using the EXIT XXX/MILE XXX
> plates. I may have a picture of that somewhere. In the picture I had,
> there was a junction with an A-B designation- So the plate read EXIT XXX
> A-B and MILE XXX A-B.
>
> --
> Otto Yamamoto

That'd be a great photo if you didn't take it from a blimp.

Old January 10th 11, 08:40 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Dimitry Megadeth

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 20:30:06 -0800, Steve Riner wrote:

> That'd be a great photo if you didn't take it from a blimp.

Dude! Blimp rentals are dead cheap these days!

--
Otto Yamamoto

Aerial TonyB Alfa Romeo 3 December 16th 10 08:59 AM
Photos of two Silicon Valley expressways Carl ROGÉRS Driving 1 July 1st 07 06:45 PM
Overview of, and a video of a Silicon Valley expwy. Carl ROGÉRS Driving 10 June 28th 07 03:51 AM
Silicon Valley's County Route G8 Carl ROGÉRS Driving 0 June 23rd 07 06:41 PM
Audi shops in Silicon Valley Dan Koren Audi 1 July 11th 06 05:17 AM