Dallas: longer yellows, no RLC profit.

Old March 16th 08, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,chi.general
Brent P[_1_]

Default Dallas: longer yellows, no RLC profit.

Dallas increased yellow light timing and now it's cameras are being
pulled for lack of profit. The article is full of pro-RLC spin and
saying yellows are for 'motorists to beat a red', but the message is
clear... longer yellow = much less red light running = no camera profit.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.468120d.html

Dallas City Hall has idled more than one-fourth of the 62 cameras that
monitor busy intersections because many of them are failing to generate
enough red-light-running fines to justify their operational costs,
according to city documents.

<...>

Dallas has lengthened yellow-light intervals on 12 of its 62 monitored
traffic signals

<...>

--------------

The yellow lights were increased in time after dallas got caught
profiting from short yellow signals:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/20/2068.asp

Note, the speed limit of 30mph, same as Chicago, and Chicago's yellows
are even shorter than those in Dallas before they were made longer.

Old March 16th 08, 12:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,chi.general
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Brent P wrote:
> Dallas increased yellow light timing and now it's cameras are being
> pulled for lack of profit. The article is full of pro-RLC spin and
> saying yellows are for 'motorists to beat a red', but the message is
> clear... longer yellow = much less red light running = no camera profit.
>
> http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.468120d.html
>
> Dallas City Hall has idled more than one-fourth of the 62 cameras that
> monitor busy intersections because many of them are failing to generate
> enough red-light-running fines to justify their operational costs,
> according to city documents.
>
> <...>
>
> Dallas has lengthened yellow-light intervals on 12 of its 62 monitored
> traffic signals
>
> <...>
>
> --------------
>
> The yellow lights were increased in time after dallas got caught
> profiting from short yellow signals:
>
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/20/2068.asp
>
> Note, the speed limit of 30mph, same as Chicago, and Chicago's yellows
> are even shorter than those in Dallas before they were made longer.

What's even more pathetic is the number of people in the Fark thread
that still support these things.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old March 16th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,chi.general
max

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...es/DN-redlight
> s_15met.ART.North.Edition1.468120d.html
>
> Dallas City Hall has idled more than one-fourth of the 62 cameras that
> monitor busy intersections because many of them are failing to generate
> enough red-light-running fines to justify their operational costs,
> according to city documents.
>
> <...>
>
> Dallas has lengthened yellow-light intervals on 12 of its 62 monitored
> traffic signals
>
> <...>
>
> --------------
>
> The yellow lights were increased in time after dallas got caught
> profiting from short yellow signals:
>
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/20/2068.asp
>
> Note, the speed limit of 30mph, same as Chicago, and Chicago's yellows
> are even shorter than those in Dallas before they were made longer.

certitude == danger:
<http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.co...olution-to-tra
ffic-jams/> they should be randomly short.

besides, dallas is full of texicans. reminds me of a time i was at
ohara airport, out a terminal one. Announcement comes on "Flight XYZ
from DFW unloading at gate 12 with 650 passangers." That's an awful lot
of passangers, so i went over to gate 12 to take a look. And out came
all these little three foot tall people with giant cowboy hats. So i
asked the gate attendant what was up and she 'splained that they were
texicans with the **** squeezed out. takes less space.

..max

--
This signature can be appended to your outgoing mesages. Many people include in
their signatures contact information, and perhaps a joke or quotation.
Old March 16th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,chi.general
max

In article >,
Nate Nagel > wrote:

> Brent P wrote:
> > Dallas increased yellow light timing and now it's cameras are being
> > pulled for lack of profit. The article is full of pro-RLC spin and
> > saying yellows are for 'motorists to beat a red', but the message is
> > clear... longer yellow = much less red light running = no camera profit.
> >
> > http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...ries/DN-redlig
> > hts_15met.ART.North.Edition1.468120d.html
> >
> > Dallas City Hall has idled more than one-fourth of the 62 cameras that
> > monitor busy intersections because many of them are failing to generate
> > enough red-light-running fines to justify their operational costs,
> > according to city documents.
> >
> > <...>
> >
> > Dallas has lengthened yellow-light intervals on 12 of its 62 monitored
> > traffic signals
> >
> > <...>
> >
> > --------------
> >
> > The yellow lights were increased in time after dallas got caught
> > profiting from short yellow signals:
> >
> > http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/20/2068.asp
> >
> > Note, the speed limit of 30mph, same as Chicago, and Chicago's yellows
> > are even shorter than those in Dallas before they were made longer.
> >

> What's even more pathetic is the number of people in the Fark thread
> that still support these things.
>
> nate

spanked in fark, lick wounds in chi.general. return penis to stockroom
please.

Old March 16th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,chi.general
Nate Nagel[_2_]

max wrote:
> In article >,
> Nate Nagel > wrote:
>

>>Brent P wrote:
>>
>>>Dallas increased yellow light timing and now it's cameras are being
>>>pulled for lack of profit. The article is full of pro-RLC spin and
>>>saying yellows are for 'motorists to beat a red', but the message is
>>>clear... longer yellow = much less red light running = no camera profit.
>>>
>>>http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...ries/DN-redlig
>>>hts_15met.ART.North.Edition1.468120d.html
>>>
>>>Dallas City Hall has idled more than one-fourth of the 62 cameras that
>>>monitor busy intersections because many of them are failing to generate
>>>enough red-light-running fines to justify their operational costs,
>>>according to city documents.
>>>
>>><...>
>>>
>>>Dallas has lengthened yellow-light intervals on 12 of its 62 monitored
>>>traffic signals
>>>
>>><...>
>>>
>>>--------------
>>>
>>>The yellow lights were increased in time after dallas got caught
>>>profiting from short yellow signals:
>>>
>>>http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/20/2068.asp
>>>
>>>Note, the speed limit of 30mph, same as Chicago, and Chicago's yellows
>>>are even shorter than those in Dallas before they were made longer.
>>>

>>What's even more pathetic is the number of people in the Fark thread
>>that still support these things.
>>
>>nate

> spanked in fark, lick wounds in chi.general. return penis to stockroom
> please.

WTF?

Old March 16th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,chi.general
kenji

In article >,
max > wrote:

> texicans with the **** squeezed out

ha!
Old March 16th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,chi.general
kenji

In article >,
Nate Nagel > wrote:

> max wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Nate Nagel > wrote:

> >>What's even more pathetic is the number of people in the Fark thread
> >>that still support these things.
> >>
> >>nate

> > spanked in fark, lick wounds in chi.general. return penis to stockroom
> > please.
> >

> WTF?

nate, I really really enjoy alliteration in a person's name.

what words and phrases were used as taunts and teases when you grew up?
Old March 16th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,chi.general,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

(Brent P) wrote in
:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s/stories/DN-r
> edlights_15met.ART.North.Edition1.468120d.html
>
> Dallas City Hall has idled more than one-fourth of the 62 cameras that
> monitor busy intersections because many of them are failing to
> generate enough red-light-running fines to justify their operational
> costs, according to city documents.
>
> <...>
>
> Dallas has lengthened yellow-light intervals on 12 of its 62 monitored
> traffic signals
>
> <...>
>
> --------------
>
> The yellow lights were increased in time after dallas got caught
> profiting from short yellow signals:
>
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/20/2068.asp
>
> Note, the speed limit of 30mph, same as Chicago, and Chicago's yellows
> are even shorter than those in Dallas before they were made longer.

I don't care if it is done for profit. Red light runners are criminals
and i like to see them pay. Stop being a coddler.
Old March 16th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,chi.general,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> (Brent P) wrote in
> :
>

>>Dallas increased yellow light timing and now it's cameras are being
>>pulled for lack of profit. The article is full of pro-RLC spin and
>>saying yellows are for 'motorists to beat a red', but the message is
>>clear... longer yellow = much less red light running = no camera
>>profit.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s/stories/DN-r
>>edlights_15met.ART.North.Edition1.468120d.html
>>
>>Dallas City Hall has idled more than one-fourth of the 62 cameras that
>>monitor busy intersections because many of them are failing to
>>generate enough red-light-running fines to justify their operational
>>costs, according to city documents.
>>
>><...>
>>
>>Dallas has lengthened yellow-light intervals on 12 of its 62 monitored
>>traffic signals
>>
>><...>
>>
>>--------------
>>
>>The yellow lights were increased in time after dallas got caught
>>profiting from short yellow signals:
>>
>>http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/20/2068.asp
>>
>>Note, the speed limit of 30mph, same as Chicago, and Chicago's yellows
>>are even shorter than those in Dallas before they were made longer.

> I don't care if it is done for profit. Red light runners are criminals
> and i like to see them pay. Stop being a coddler.

Nobody's being a coddler, we just want the gov't to obey the laws.

However, you're still a douche.

nate

Old March 16th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,chi.general,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Larry Bud

> I don't care if it is done for profit. Red light runners are criminals
> and i like to see them pay.

Increased yellow timing makes LESS RED LIGHT RUNNERS. What part of
that don't you understand? You, and everyone else, should be all for
that.

Car Insurance in Dallas nico BMW 0 January 30th 08 03:08 PM
Another city caught shortening yellows for RLCs. Brent P[_1_] Driving 36 May 30th 07 05:37 PM
would you race here in Dallas -- Yellowbelly [email protected] Ford Mustang 4 September 20th 06 05:30 PM
N. Dallas VW junkyard? John Willis VW air cooled 6 May 25th 05 04:01 AM
Anyone from the Dallas, TX area? Dennis Cox Jeep 3 April 6th 05 03:56 AM