Another city caught shortening yellows for RLCs.

Old May 21st 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Another city caught shortening yellows for RLCs.

Yet another documented case....

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1759.asp

Missouri: City Lowers Yellow Light Time Before Installing Cameras
Springfield, Missouri cuts the yellow time at over 100 intersections
prior to starting red light camera ticketing.

<...>

Old May 21st 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Brent P wrote:
> Yet another documented case....
>
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1759.asp
>
> Missouri: City Lowers Yellow Light Time Before Installing Cameras
> Springfield, Missouri cuts the yellow time at over 100 intersections
> prior to starting red light camera ticketing.

Sounds like a good idea. You red light runners bring this on yourself
by insisting on accelerating when the light turns yellow even if you're
5 car lengths away!!
Old May 21st 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On May 21, 12:05 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
> > Yet another documented case....

> >http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1759.asp

> > Missouri: City Lowers Yellow Light Time Before Installing Cameras
> > Springfield, Missouri cuts the yellow time at over 100 intersections
> > prior to starting red light camera ticketing.

> Sounds like a good idea. You red light runners bring this on yourself
> by insisting on accelerating when the light turns yellow even if you're
> 5 car lengths away!!

Wow- you really CAN see the exact opposite of what's printed!!

Your therapist regress you back far enough so you can see the faces of
those you killed, yet?

Dave

Old May 21st 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On May 21, 12:05 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
> > Yet another documented case....

> >http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1759.asp

> > Missouri: City Lowers Yellow Light Time Before Installing Cameras
> > Springfield, Missouri cuts the yellow time at over 100 intersections
> > prior to starting red light camera ticketing.

> Sounds like a good idea. You red light runners bring this on yourself
> by insisting on accelerating when the light turns yellow even if you're
> 5 car lengths away!!

If we're talking about a 55 MPH road, that would be the prudent thing
to do, no?

lessee... "5 car lengths" if you assume that a "car length" is 20
feet - that's 100 feet - shorter than most vehicles will stop from 55
MPH!

At the other end of the spectrum, let's say that this hypothetical
signal is on a 35 MPH road... stopping in 100 feet from 35 MPH
assuming constant decel still works out to 13.2 feet per second per
second or over 0.4G - which is still a sharper decel than the average
person feels comfortable with.

Now you may say to yourself, "but Nate, 20 feet is a large car,
wouldn't an average car be closer to 17-18 feet in length these
days?" Um, yeah, probably. Do the math and get back to me on how
that affects the calculations.

So please tell me again, how this is the public "bringing things on
themselves" except by voting for dip**** representatives that support
this bull****? Why don't you just shut the **** up until you know
what the **** you're talking about?

I swear, you must have aliens beaming stupid waves into your little
brain, because I've never met anyone IRL that could be as stupid as
you and still remember to breathe.

nate

Old May 21st 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Sir Ray

Alas Nate, SADDAM (and it's many previous incarnations) has
continously refused to accept the fact that it's simply too stupid to
live, and even more foolishly has ignored my quite reasonable
recommendation that it join the Body World exhibit, where it's bone-
headedness could be put to good use, where it could garner fame and
reknown, and where it could really show off it's muscles...

Anyway, does anyone have any website where all of this RLC trickery
and chicanery is compiled in one spot, so whenever the stupid (or...
greedy) area politicians start making their periodic noises about
RLCs, I could simply e-mail the local papers an Letter to the Editor,
complete with a single one stop shop webpage URL listing why in the
real world RLCs are 'all about the money, nothing about the safety'.

Old May 22nd 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver

aSpeeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>Brent P wrote:
>> Yet another documented case....
>>
>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1759.asp
>>
>> Missouri: City Lowers Yellow Light Time Before Installing Cameras
>> Springfield, Missouri cuts the yellow time at over 100 intersections
>> prior to starting red light camera ticketing.

>Sounds like a good idea. You red light runners bring this on yourself
>by insisting on accelerating when the light turns yellow even if you're
>5 car lengths away!!

Only because dullard LLBers prevent them from making it through the
signals safely and efficiently.

Thank God Darwin takes care of 'em all....

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.
Old May 22nd 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver > wrote in
:

> aSpeeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>Brent P wrote:
>>> Yet another documented case....
>>>
>>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1759.asp
>>>
>>> Missouri: City Lowers Yellow Light Time Before Installing Cameras
>>> Springfield, Missouri cuts the yellow time at over 100 intersections
>>> prior to starting red light camera ticketing.

>>Sounds like a good idea.

Yeah,so much for following standard practices.

>>You red light runners bring this on yourself
>>by insisting on accelerating when the light turns yellow even if you're
>>5 car lengths away!!

> Only because dullard LLBers

SLOTHs.Clueless dawdlers. No such thing as a LLBer on city streets.

> prevent them from making it through the
> signals safely and efficiently.
>
> Thank God Darwin takes care of 'em all....

Not enough of them.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old May 22nd 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jim Yanik wrote:
>> Only because dullard LLBers

>SLOTHs.Clueless dawdlers. No such thing as a LLBer on city streets.

How 'bout parkers? You have those where you live? I'm not certain if I
never really though enough about them to remember them previously, or
if their frequency is increasing. But for some reason or another, it
appears we're developing an epidemic of them here. Hmm, could explain
of why we are ahead of last year's already stellar performance in
satisfying the Darwin Device.

>> prevent them from making it through the
>> signals safely and efficiently.
>>
>> Thank God Darwin takes care of 'em all....
>>

>Not enough of them.

Amen.

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.
Old May 22nd 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver > wrote in
:

> Jim Yanik wrote:
>>> Only because dullard LLBers

>>SLOTHs.Clueless dawdlers. No such thing as a LLBer on city streets.

> How 'bout parkers?

Do you mean those who are sightseeing when the light changes? they sit
there while the light is green,looking everwhere except at the light.
I always say to myself "well,it's not going to get any greener...".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old May 22nd 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jim Yanik wrote:
>Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver > wrote in
:

>>>SLOTHs.Clueless dawdlers. No such thing as a LLBer on city streets.

>> How 'bout parkers?

>Do you mean those who are sightseeing when the light changes? they sit
>there while the light is green,looking everwhere except at the light.

Nah, those have been fairly constant throughout my life.

I'm talking about the geniuses, who, for reasons unknown to me, merely
stop in the middle of a road as if it were a parking lot. Sometimes
they do this as part of a traffic maneuver, other times it looks like
they do this to just take a break from the task of driving. Over the
last two seeks, I've seen at least four occurrences of this, including
one 'lady' in a minivan who felt like it was her right to pull out and
park in front of two lanes of traffic approaching from her left, while
she was waiting for the two lanes of traffic from the right to clear.
MFFY bitch brought two lanes of traffic on one of my 'burg's main
routes to a stop. Stupid bitch probably thinks she's a safe driver
because she doesn't speed.

I am SO glad that stupid people get killed on the roads.

>I always say to myself "well,it's not going to get any greener...".

That's been a favorite of mine for years, too. :-)

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.