HEELLLP need help t bleed brakes on my nissan frontier ABS system

Old September 19th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
cammah2004

Default HEELLLP need help t bleed brakes on my nissan frontier ABS system

hello any everyone i am looking for help on how to bleed ABS brake system on
2004 nissan frontier XE v6 4x4.

I had to change the calipers and roters and in doing so i lost fluid, i re
added fluids and bled the brakes but not much happened only later on i
realised it was an ABS system and could not find the info on process to bleed
it, please is anyone has words of wisdom or some help it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank You.

Old September 19th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jeffcoslacker[_160_]

cammah2004 Wrote:
> hello any everyone i am looking for help on how to bleed ABS brake
> system on
> 2004 nissan frontier XE v6 4x4.
>
> I had to change the calipers and roters and in doing so i lost fluid, i
> re
> added fluids and bled the brakes but not much happened only later on i
> realised it was an ABS system and could not find the info on process to
> bleed
> it, please is anyone has words of wisdom or some help it would be
> greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank You.

The ABS system's hydros are seperated from the service brakes until the
ABS is activated...procedure is the same assuming no ABS cycling...

Try a gravity bleed, take the cap off and remove the bleeders, and keep
filling the res until no air at the bleeders, then put them back in and
bleed normally. Sometimes it takes some time and a wide open exit to
get the calipers to fill completely...you can tap them gently too, to
dislodge any air pockets that might be clinging to inside surfaces...

--
jeffcoslacker
jeffcoslacker's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=219638

http://www.automotiveforums.com

94 Grand Cherokee with ABS, can I bleed the brakes myself? [email protected] Jeep 15 February 24th 17 01:18 AM
THE INTERSTATE HIGHWAY SYSTEM: WHAT WORKED, WHAT DID NOT Ashton Crusher Driving 0 September 9th 06 01:04 AM
nissan Frontier SE tires Willis Vance 4x4 2 January 25th 05 01:16 AM
2000 Nissan Frontier 4X4 jasper719 4x4 1 January 3rd 05 03:43 AM
Nissan Frontier Replacement Shocks Soke2001 4x4 2 December 31st 04 01:59 AM