Left lane slow pokes now illegal in Illinois!

Old September 20th 04, 12:46 PM
I-zheet M'drurz

Tedd Riggs wrote:
> "I-zheet M'drurz" attempted to write:
>
> "like the impatient, egotistical wiseguy that you are."
>
> Glad you think you are the expert on me.

It's your profile, Tedd. You fit the mold like you just popped
out and fell on the table, you're just too hard headed to admit
it.

> Besides I always leave a safety zone while driving

Well then I would have no problem with you. This might be a good
time to tell you that the "you" I am replyig to is a composite of
the pig-headed impatient assholes out there, no neessarily "you"
but you're smart enough to have figured that out by now, right?

> and I hardly doubt I would have any problems out maneuvering you or
> getting stuck behind you.

Another check mark on the ol' profile! -- Cockiness. Yep, you are
the best of drivers, right Tedd? And you'll tell anybody who will
listen!. Several times if you can!!! LMAO at you, buddy.

> Plus only a idiot would take his aggressions out while on the
> road.

Well, yeah Tedd, that's about how *I* feel about the tailgating
idiots who still feel the need to be going faster than everybody
else on the road, just because they're so important in their own
minds. It's your road, right Tedd?? You just let us mortals
borrow it every once in awhile!

> So sorry "I-zit" but your are about the farthest type of
> person there is from me as my IQ is not the same as the average
> room temperature like yours.

When all else fails, go to insults. Good move, Tedd.

> Go play elsewhere Troll, you are a total joke and not worth
> spending any more of my time on.

That's why you have a killfile.

--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.
Old September 20th 04, 02:58 PM
Tom in Missouri

They did this YEARS ago in St. Louis with I-270 and (then) I-244 (now it is
all I-270). It was two lane and they increased it to three lane, but they
waited so long to do so, three lanes were outdated by the time they got it
done. Eventually they added more. Many in the area griped that at the time
of initial construction, they should have planned for 4 or 5 lanes as it was
obvious the growth of the St. Louis area would warrant it and the migration
of more and more to the county areas would require it.

But then, "planning" wasn't always a strong point. US-40 through the center
of down past Forest Park and out west was notorious for long delays and
traffic jams with its 2 lane per side arrangement. It took forever to add
lanes. Even when they had 3 lanes in some areas, they would drop to
sections of 2 lanes that just clogged the whole thing, like where the old
Famous Barr warehouse was.

Now it is I-64.

"Rufio" > wrote in message
> Also, having driven across the country a few times, I've found HOV lanes
> that are full time & others that are select hours only - but different

hours
> in different states !
>
> As for speed limits - most rural freeways in AZ are either 65 or 75. But
> there was talk of raising the Phoenix-Tucson section of I-10 to 80 or 85 -
> don't know why, as speed is not the problem. The problem is traffic

density,
> which results in slower vehicles, doing about 50 PASSING even slower
> vehicles & causing a 3 mile back up. They don't need an 85 limit (most

folks
> do 90, given the chance - what they need is 3 lanes. But that would cost
> more than changing the speed limit signs. Shame really, because the longer
> they wait to do this, the more urban sprawl will raise the price of the
> desert land, between the 2 cities :-(
>

> "Tedd Riggs" > wrote in message
> > That sure would be welcome ! I loved it when I lived in Germany and

that
> > was very strictly enforced as was someone on your right side

> passing....fast
> > ticket time. Now if they could get the HOV laws standardized. Most of

our
> > roads that have a HOV lane is HOV-2 (or motorcycle) a few are HOV-3 and

> they
> > vary as to some are far left lane and some are far right...and then

others

Old September 20th 04, 02:58 PM
Tom in Missouri

Old September 20th 04, 02:58 PM
Tom in Missouri

Yes, Illinois has had laws to cover this at least as far back as 1978 (the
year I got my first copy of the Illinois Motor Vehicle Code - the real book,
not the driver's license manual).

However, while it said you couldn't hold up other traffic, many have ignored
it (typical of many drivers and cops) or had this believe that driving the
speed limit automatically nullified this law, like Dave.

There probably wasn't a fee structure in place on what to fine someone, or
the fee was the standard minimum moving violation fee that didn't make it
worth the cop's time to pull someone over. Many forget that there are
literally thousands of laws in the book and speeding is about the only one
to be enforced. Why? When you pay $25 for a bad muffler or no taillight or
impeding the flow of traffic compared to the $100 or more for an average
speeding ticket, and the cop gets points for his quota, the cop goes after
the speeding ticket because that increases the treasury of the local
community and increases his pay in the long run.

"Rufio" > wrote in message

> "Virgil Hilts" > wrote in message
> > The law was enacted because of Wisconsin drivers who never go over 55MPH
> > (even if it is posted 65) and never leave the left hand lane. Wisconsin
> > drivers drive 55MPH and swear at Illinois drivers in their own state,

for
> > going too fast!
> >
> > In Wisconsin drivers ed classes, they never teach the concept of, slower
> > traffic keep right...
> >

> Isn't there a "causing an obstruction" law for that, already ? I don't

have
> a major problem with the concept- except where the slower driver is

already
> doing the limit (OK 5-10 over), and someone is behind them. Some years

ago,
> I had to get down South (in the UK). So I was on the M1 (main N/S drag in
> England) & was on my FZR600, doing about 120 in the extreme right lane

(i.e.
> same as the extreme left lane in the UK). I suddenly found myself

tailgated
> by an M5 with headlights flashing & horn going & fist shaking etc. I let

him
> go & saw him later - looked like he was being escorted to the local

lock-up

Old September 20th 04, 02:58 PM
Tom in Missouri

Old September 20th 04, 05:07 PM
ken

It should be named "Dave's Law"

As you pass him with his i-Pod playing Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive
over 55"

Old September 20th 04, 05:07 PM
ken

Old September 20th 04, 05:47 PM
Diode

ken spoke thusly:

> It should be named "Dave's Law"

I love it..."dave's" Law. Like Megan's law except for a different kind
of predatory loser. "dave" may be the first to get busted for both.

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old September 20th 04, 05:47 PM
Diode

ken spoke thusly:

Old September 20th 04, 06:48 PM
Tedd Riggs

Diode,
"Why does he come here again?"

That is something I sure could never figure out Diode. Perhaps to prove how
ignorant he is ? Getting bored with the pre-teens chat rooms on WebTV ? Or
maybe a angry person that takes his frustrations out on others to make
himself feel a false "better" or "superior" to others ? One would probably
need to ask a professional MD on that one, but can well guess.

He sure seems only to respond in one dimension, black or white. I make a
simple statement that I could out maneuver him if he hit the brakes at 60
and as he stated would have 1.5 seconds to "see the last chapter of your
life passing" and he turns that around to say that I stated I am "the best
of drivers" ?? Geez if my reaction time ever got as slow as 1.5 seconds I
would make sure I was not on the road ! And all of a sudden I am a "pig
headed person" and "too hard headed to admit to anything"
Gee most people that know me, also know that if I am wrong, I am the first
to admit it. He seems to enjoy picking fragments of a sentence out and
twisting it to his liking, but not to the fact. Also the BS about "It's your
road, right Tedd??" even after
I rather clearly stated "I have a very keen respect for proper driving. If
someone wants to play, then do it with a helmet on and at a track, better if
supervised by a pro driver, but NOT on the public streets." That kind of
says public roads since I do not own any roads other then my driveway.

I think he does not realize that sometimes age can help since in 32
years of driving and probably close to a million miles on cars and about
90,000 on motorcycles and zero accidents except for one that was a ABS
brake/Airbag defect in a new car that added me to the disabled list, my
guess is that while for sure not a "perfect driver", but have picked up a
few pointers over the many years and many countries I have driven. I am sure
the same goes for you Diode.

Besides who was the turkey that started this whole thread ? <g> Opps
that was you. But I found the thread interesting as there were many good
comments in it until one loner turned it into cutting others down.

Oh well, no logic seems to apply to our local dimwit, so not really
worth the effort unless reading them for amusement reasons. However the old
tried, but true photo says it best for this clown:
http://www.grin-reaper.com/leavenet.jpg

Off to better things. One question Diode, does the "rs" part of your
email address still work ? I tried to copy you on a Ric S. update and the
email bounced back with one of those "Delivery to the following recipients
has been delayed." replies.
Still no update on Ric, phone line is still down.
Tedd

--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA