Nascar 2003

Old March 3rd 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Nascar 2003

If you mean servers listed as "Papy Open 12" or "Papy Open SS", then
perhaps you are correct. But there are dozens of servers showing on any
night of the week and many of those are "open". Simply running NR2003
and connecting via Sierra will confirm this.

You are correct in that "open" servers are wreckfests which is what led
to me joining a league. Like minded persons who want to have a great
time, take it seriously (but not life & death serious) and compete in a
season long battle. Check ours out at www.cfrlracing.com. We have
leagues that run several nights a week plus Sunday AM.

Old March 3rd 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I spent 6 hours on OpenSpeedway last weekend. They are definitely still
there.

-Larry

oups.com...

Old March 3rd 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

The OpenSpeedway servers aren't bad. They are monitored and they actually
throw people out

-larry

ups.com...

Old March 3rd 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

So the seirra rating system is still maintained?

Old March 3rd 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Sure is. In fact, I was off for over 6 months and as a result, they
cleared all my stats. When I joined my league last year, I had zero's
across the board and had to run a pick up race before I could get into
the league server.

Old March 6th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

LOL! Hehe, _I_ got thrown out this weekend

Some of the moderators are a bit, um, sensitive and aren't real good at
applying the 'rules' evenly.

I was entering the pits and becuase the car ahead slowed more than me, I had
to go left a bit earlier than anticipated and when I did, the left-rear
wheel caught the very end of the curb just as the entrance to the pit
run-down area starts.

This caused my car to upset. It was one hell of a save.

Then the moderator comes on and says "Park It". I asked why, and he said
for causing an accident on pit entry.

I abided, but it sure ****ed me off. I've never, ever, in 11 years of this
been asked to park a car before, and to be asked for something I really
couldn't avoid was bull****.

99% of the time I like those guys, but all it takes is one to ruin it all.

-Larry

Old March 6th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

After spending a few hours with both Stock Car Evolution and Natl Stock Car
this weekend I can finally say my NR2003 days are finally, officially over.

While obviously still a beta I can see a GREAT NASCAR sim coming around
before our eyes.

My biggest concern is whether online drivers have enough skills to actually
race...

Mitch