Ford's New Interceptor!

Old December 31st 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Ford's New Interceptor!

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...612310351/1148

While currently only a prototype, Ford has to produce this car!

Patrick

Old December 31st 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article .com>, wrote:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...612310351/1148

> While currently only a prototype, Ford has to produce this car!

Of course they should. Although I keep hearing the mechanic in 'Mad Max'
saying it's ""the last of the V8 Interceptors".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:100_2520.JPG

Of course as we all know.... is a Ford Falcon.

Old January 1st 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article .com>,

wrote:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?

AID=/20061231/AUTO01/6123
>> 10351/1148
>>
>> While currently only a prototype, Ford has to produce this car!

> Of course they should. Although I keep hearing the mechanic in 'Mad
> Max' saying it's ""the last of the V8 Interceptors".
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:100_2520.JPG
>
> Of course as we all know.... is a Ford Falcon.

It's really Ford's take on the Chrysler 300. It should've been on the
road at least two years ago.
Old January 1st 07, 10:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

wrote:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?

> AID=/20061231/AUTO01/6123
>>> 10351/1148
>>>
>>> While currently only a prototype, Ford has to produce this car!

>> Of course they should. Although I keep hearing the mechanic in 'Mad
>> Max' saying it's ""the last of the V8 Interceptors".
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:100_2520.JPG
>>
>> Of course as we all know.... is a Ford Falcon.

> It's really Ford's take on the Chrysler 300. It should've been on the
> road at least two years ago.

True true... but nice car: 400 horse is crazy, and alternative fuel, and a
manual.... There is a car I would consider buying.

Brad

Old January 1st 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

wrote:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?

>> AID=/20061231/AUTO01/6123

>>> Of course they should. Although I keep hearing the mechanic in 'Mad
>>> Max' saying it's ""the last of the V8 Interceptors".
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:100_2520.JPG
>>>
>>> Of course as we all know.... is a Ford Falcon.

>> It's really Ford's take on the Chrysler 300. It should've been on
>> the road at least two years ago.

> True true... but nice car: 400 horse is crazy, and alternative fuel,
> and a manual.... There is a car I would consider buying.
>
> Brad

This is all old stuff. 425hp 6.1 Hemi 4-doors have been available for
quite a while now. As usual, Ford is years behind the competition.

BTW, E-85 is nothing more than a band-aid.
Old January 2nd 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Joe wrote:

> >> AID=/20061231/AUTO01/6123

> >> It's really Ford's take on the Chrysler 300. It should've been on
> >> the road at least two years ago.

Same could be said about Chrysler's Challenger, except the time frame
would be about 20 years ago.

> > True true... but nice car: 400 horse is crazy, and alternative fuel,
> > and a manual.... There is a car I would consider buying.

Me too!

> This is all old stuff. 425hp 6.1 Hemi 4-doors have been available for
> quite a while now. As usual, Ford is years behind the competition.

Unless we're talking about pony cars.

And as already noted Chrysler doesn't offer a manual transmission. The
CTS-V has one, and Ford will soon. C'mon Chrysler, get with the
program.

Patrick

Old January 2nd 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

wrote in news:1167699461.539583.203390@
48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com:

> Joe wrote:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?

> Same could be said about Chrysler's Challenger, except the time frame
> would be about 20 years ago.

True. Back when the Mustang debuted, Chrysler Corp. had the Plymouth
Barracuda, but it wasn't really a direct competitor. You're right in
that the Challenger was produced in direct competition to the Mustang.
Of course, Darts and Valiants were around back in the early '60s, as
were Falcons.

>> > True true... but nice car: 400 horse is crazy, and alternative

fuel,
>> > and a manual.... There is a car I would consider buying.

> Me too!
>
>> This is all old stuff. 425hp 6.1 Hemi 4-doors have been available

for
>> quite a while now. As usual, Ford is years behind the competition.

> Unless we're talking about pony cars.

Ah, but we're not. We're talking 4-door sedans with big horsepower.

> And as already noted Chrysler doesn't offer a manual transmission.

True. However...

> The
> CTS-V has one, and Ford will soon. C'mon Chrysler, get with the
> program.
>
> Patrick

Considering that the Interceptor is only a production idea at this
point, it'll be interesting to see when "soon" will be.