Accord Hybrid

Old October 28th 05, 06:51 AM
Richard Minami

Default Accord Hybrid

Hello All! Just wondering if anyone knows if Honda is planning on releasing
a more economical Accord Hybrid? The new Accord Hybrid is a V6, with a
focus on power and performance. I wonder if they thought of making an
Accord, nice but conservative, in an economical 4 cylinder hybrid setup. It
would also presumably, be CHEAPER.
(I always wonder if manufacturers monitor what kind of discussions go on
about their cars on usenet? They could get a feel for what consumers want!)

--

Richard Minami
'94 Honda Accord LX

Old October 28th 05, 08:22 PM
anyone

Richard Minami wrote:

- snip -

> Just wondering if Honda is planning on a more economical Accord Hybrid?

I too would be interested in a sub 30K Accord hybrid.

--
Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://www.rfruth.net

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

Old October 28th 05, 08:22 PM
anyone

Old October 28th 05, 08:22 PM
anyone

Old October 28th 05, 08:26 PM
anyone

Old November 3rd 05, 05:24 AM
Dr Nick

I personally would want a 5 or 6 speed manual hybrid. hopefully in a more
fuel efficent 4 cyl. would be a LOT cheaper.

Old November 23rd 05, 05:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

In article >,
"Richard Minami" > wrote:

> Hello All! Just wondering if anyone knows if Honda is planning on releasing
> a more economical Accord Hybrid? The new Accord Hybrid is a V6, with a
> focus on power and performance. I wonder if they thought of making an
> Accord, nice but conservative, in an economical 4 cylinder hybrid setup. It
> would also presumably, be CHEAPER.
> (I always wonder if manufacturers monitor what kind of discussions go on
> about their cars on usenet? They could get a feel for what consumers want!)

A manual transmission would be great. My two big gripes about the
Accord Hybrid is the bad radio and the lethargic automatic transmission.
Two seconds to downshift from 5th to 3rd or 2nd to 1st is not
acceptable. Stomp on the gas at 42MPH and it can actually loose speed
before the transmission finally shifts and the electronic throttle opens.