Chrome or No Chrome... That Is The Latest Question

Old December 18th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Chrome or No Chrome... That Is The Latest Question

We all know the Mustang is a hot car right now. Sales are way up and
interest in the iconic pony is at near record highs. Seems much of the
recent success is due to Ford borrowing styling cues from Mustangs
past. But how much/often should Ford dip into history? The previous
generation Mach 1 borrowed stripes, wheel pattern, seat covering, and a
hood scoop. The new GT500 offers the borrowed twin racing stripes.
The soon to debut Boss 302 is also borrowing stripes, hood scoop, and
it seems rear window slats may be at least an option. Now take a look
at this rendering (it's not Ford's) of the next Bullitt Mustang. What
would your reaction be to this one if it were sitting in your dealer's
showroom?

http://www.creatingthelie.com/cars/bullitt_2006.jpg

1) The chrome -- side mirrors, grill border, door handles, and bumper
treatment -- is pushing retro too far. Nix the glitter and this one
hits the bull's eye!

2) Yuck! I think the chrome trim goes in the opposite direction --
towards the bling/dub crowd.

3) It's nearly perfect! The _only_ thing missing is a black Dodge
Charger in the rear view mirror.

4) I want a pure modern interpretation -- just a clean design that
hints at the old, but without any of the old retro stripes, scoops,
wheels, etc., add-ons.

5) I trust your intuition, Ford... so whatever you decide. You've
been hitting the perfect mix as of late... just keep doing what you've
been doing and I'm sure I'll love it.

Patrick

Old December 18th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ðavïd

wrote...
«truncated»

http://www.creatingthelie.com/cars/bullitt_2006.jpg

¿Creating the Lie Studio?

Davïd
Greenville, NC

Old December 18th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Ðavïd wrote:

> wrote...
> «truncated»

http://www.creatingthelie.com/cars/bullitt_2006.jpg

> ¿Creating the Lie Studio?

Work with it, Dave.

Patrick

Old December 18th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

wrote in news:1166405064.975732.167430@
80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

> We all know the Mustang is a hot car right now. Sales are way up and
> interest in the iconic pony is at near record highs. Seems much of

the
> recent success is due to Ford borrowing styling cues from Mustangs
> past. But how much/often should Ford dip into history? The previous
> generation Mach 1 borrowed stripes, wheel pattern, seat covering, and

> hood scoop. The new GT500 offers the borrowed twin racing stripes.
> The soon to debut Boss 302 is also borrowing stripes, hood scoop, and
> it seems rear window slats may be at least an option. Now take a look
> at this rendering (it's not Ford's) of the next Bullitt Mustang. What
> would your reaction be to this one if it were sitting in your dealer's
> showroom?

http://www.creatingthelie.com/cars/bullitt_2006.jpg

> 1) The chrome -- side mirrors, grill border, door handles, and bumper
> treatment -- is pushing retro too far. Nix the glitter and this one
> hits the bull's eye!
>
> 2) Yuck! I think the chrome trim goes in the opposite direction --
> towards the bling/dub crowd.
>
> 3) It's nearly perfect! The _only_ thing missing is a black Dodge
> Charger in the rear view mirror.
>
> 4) I want a pure modern interpretation -- just a clean design that
> hints at the old, but without any of the old retro stripes, scoops,
> wheels, etc., add-ons.
>
> 5) I trust your intuition, Ford... so whatever you decide. You've
> been hitting the perfect mix as of late... just keep doing what you've
> been doing and I'm sure I'll love it.
>
> Patrick

I'll go for #1, although the "sparkle" stuff exaggerates the chrome so
that it's more cartoonish than anything in the pic.

The door handles and mirrors have to go, but the rims should be chrome
and the grille surround and bumper strip should be brushed or polished
aluminum. That's the ticket.

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC
Old December 18th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Joe wrote:
> wrote in news:1166405064.975732.167430@
> 80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

> > We all know the Mustang is a hot car right now. Sales are way up and
> > interest in the iconic pony is at near record highs. Seems much of

> the
> > recent success is due to Ford borrowing styling cues from Mustangs
> > past. But how much/often should Ford dip into history? The previous
> > generation Mach 1 borrowed stripes, wheel pattern, seat covering, and

> > hood scoop. The new GT500 offers the borrowed twin racing stripes.
> > The soon to debut Boss 302 is also borrowing stripes, hood scoop, and
> > it seems rear window slats may be at least an option. Now take a look
> > at this rendering (it's not Ford's) of the next Bullitt Mustang. What
> > would your reaction be to this one if it were sitting in your dealer's
> > showroom?

http://www.creatingthelie.com/cars/bullitt_2006.jpg

> > 1) The chrome -- side mirrors, grill border, door handles, and bumper
> > treatment -- is pushing retro too far. Nix the glitter and this one
> > hits the bull's eye!
> >
> > 2) Yuck! I think the chrome trim goes in the opposite direction --
> > towards the bling/dub crowd.
> >
> > 3) It's nearly perfect! The _only_ thing missing is a black Dodge
> > Charger in the rear view mirror.
> >
> > 4) I want a pure modern interpretation -- just a clean design that
> > hints at the old, but without any of the old retro stripes, scoops,
> > wheels, etc., add-ons.
> >
> > 5) I trust your intuition, Ford... so whatever you decide. You've
> > been hitting the perfect mix as of late... just keep doing what you've
> > been doing and I'm sure I'll love it.

> I'll go for #1, although the "sparkle" stuff exaggerates the chrome so
> that it's more cartoonish than anything in the pic.

> The door handles and mirrors have to go, but the rims should be chrome
> and the grille surround and bumper strip should be brushed or polished
> aluminum. That's the ticket.

I think if one part is brushed/polished aluminum all of it should be so
it all matches. Same if you go with chrome.

Patrick

Old December 18th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

wrote in news:1166410905.986868.151530@
79g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

--
>> > towards the bling/dub crowd.
>> >
>> > 3) It's nearly perfect! The _only_ thing missing is a black Dodge
>> > Charger in the rear view mirror.
>> >
>> > 4) I want a pure modern interpretation -- just a clean design that
>> > hints at the old, but without any of the old retro stripes, scoops,
>> > wheels, etc., add-ons.
>> >
>> > 5) I trust your intuition, Ford... so whatever you decide. You've
>> > been hitting the perfect mix as of late... just keep doing what

you've
>> > been doing and I'm sure I'll love it.

>> I'll go for #1, although the "sparkle" stuff exaggerates the chrome

so
>> that it's more cartoonish than anything in the pic.

>> The door handles and mirrors have to go, but the rims should be

chrome
>> and the grille surround and bumper strip should be brushed or

polished
>> aluminum. That's the ticket.

> I think if one part is brushed/polished aluminum all of it should be

so
> it all matches. Same if you go with chrome.
>
> Patrick

Point taken, but I still think the chrome rims (w/dark spokes of course)
would look awesome with brushed trim.

Old December 18th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ðavïd

wrote...
Work with it, Dave.

¿As in stretching the truth? LOL

Davïd
Greenville, NC

Old December 18th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Les Benn

well I checked, the bullit mustang in the film had chrome mirrors. dull
center mags with polished rims. I definitely love it.
ups.com...

Old January 1st 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Paul[_2_]

at 24 Dec 2006, karinhall ] wrote in
:

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>> We all know the Mustang is a hot car right now. Sales are way up
>> and interest in the iconic pony is at near record highs. Seems
>> much of the recent success is due to Ford borrowing styling cues
>> from Mustangs past. But how much/often should Ford dip into
>> history? The previous generation Mach 1 borrowed stripes, wheel
>> pattern, seat covering, and a hood scoop. The new GT500 offers the
>> borrowed twin racing stripes. The soon to debut Boss 302 is also
>> borrowing stripes, hood scoop, and it seems rear window slats may
>> be at least an option. Now take a look at this rendering (it's not
>> Ford's) of the next Bullitt Mustang. What would your reaction be
>> to this one if it were sitting in your dealer's showroom?
>>
>> http://www.creatingthelie.com/cars/bullitt_2006.jpg

I'm not a big fan of chrome either, but I am seriously considering
adding some brushed aluminum accents to my ride. Like bezels for the
tail lights and 3rd brake light. Maybe in a while a billet fuel door
when prices of those come down to a realistic level.

On the menu also is a 'pony package' grille with the chrome horse
replaced with a US flag one. As soon as I can find a dealer that does
not try to soak me charging $750 + tax to install one. (Don't want to
lose my warranty)

--
_ 2005 Mustang V6 Convertible (Mineral Grey)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)

A Physics Question Alan Baker Driving 1 September 9th 06 05:49 AM
2005 Mustang Fog Light Question Craig Shaffer Ford Mustang 2 June 23rd 06 06:24 PM
1993 Saturn Fuel Filter Question OHC (SOHC)? [email protected] Saturn 7 May 21st 06 08:39 PM
JEEP question - 4.0 vs 4.0HO James Morrow 4x4 12 June 2nd 04 05:16 PM