Bewa The Old Lady Driving The Ford Flex

Old January 11th 12, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default Bewa The Old Lady Driving The Ford Flex

On Jan 10, 8:01*pm, "John S." > wrote:

> > > Had one guy come over that I had lined up against and tell me, "you
> > > launched so hard and took off so quick that I FORGOT TO GO!" *He had
> > > a .8xx RT! LOL

> > > video:

> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVOQ4zN3nPk

> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35uX8pP4ahc

> > * * BTW you need to find some Flow Masters, That thing sounds like a
> > sewing machine. *I thought that was a GT Mustang, but on second listen
> > was it a tweaked V6??

> In the race videoes my Flex has the stock exhaust... and in stock form
> you can't even here the thing running... even at WOT!!! LOL! *Visited
> my good friend Scott Hoag at MRT and we installed their Interceptor
> system on the Flex! *WOOHOO!!!

I'm sure it helped a little, but I would have kept the stock
mufflers. A Ford Flex, with a dead silent exhaust, blowing your doors
off has to be humiliating.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmhfomjQsAI
>
> And to give you an idea of just how restrictive the stock mufflers on
> a Flex EcoBoost a
>
> Red is stock, Blue is MRT axle back exhaust:
>
> http://www.johnnystacks.com/gallery/...1/HP_small.jpg
>
> I have beaten a couple of 2010+ Camaro SSs and a few 4.6 S197
> Mustangs... I love going to the track on Test and Tune days, when
> track prep isn't the best and the casual racer is on street tires!
> LOL!
>
> And I just love tell them, back in the pits... "Oh, this? *Oh this is
> just my wife's daily driver, soccer-mobile" *Then I open the door and
> show them the kid's booster seats and the 3rd row seats! LOL

As in the credit card commercials, "priceless."

Patrick
Old January 11th 12, 11:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Jan 11, 3:25*am, "
> wrote:

> > > * * BTW you need to find some Flow Masters, That thing sounds like a
> > > sewing machine. *I thought that was a GT Mustang, but on second listen
> > > was it a tweaked V6??

> > In the race videoes my Flex has the stock exhaust... and in stock form
> > you can't even here the thing running... even at WOT!!! LOL! *Visited
> > my good friend Scott Hoag at MRT and we installed their Interceptor
> > system on the Flex! *WOOHOO!!!

> I'm sure it helped a little, but I would have kept the stock
> mufflers. *A Ford Flex, with a dead silent exhaust, blowing your doors
> off has to be humiliating.
>

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmhfomjQsAI

> > And to give you an idea of just how restrictive the stock mufflers on
> > a Flex EcoBoost a

> > Red is stock, Blue is MRT axle back exhaust:

> >http://www.johnnystacks.com/gallery/...1/HP_small.jpg

> > I have beaten a couple of 2010+ Camaro SSs and a few 4.6 S197
> > Mustangs... I love going to the track on Test and Tune days, when
> > track prep isn't the best and the casual racer is on street tires!
> > LOL!

> > And I just love tell them, back in the pits... "Oh, this? *Oh this is
> > just my wife's daily driver, soccer-mobile" *Then I open the door and
> > show them the kid's booster seats and the 3rd row seats! LOL

> As in the credit card commercials, "priceless."
>
> Patrick

Based on the dyno, i'm thinking I picked up close to 20 HP.... ever
bit helps on my way to a 12.9! LOL! And you are right the Flex was
absolutely silent with the stock exhaust... I simply couldn't take it
anymore! LOL! Best part is my 5 and 7 year old daughters LOVE the new
sound! After I put it on, I had the girls in the Flex... I
accelerated rather spiritedly from the stop light. Both girls shouted
out with glee, "Dad! You added VROOM VROOM!!!" LOL! They love the
Flex too! They are always telling me, "Do the EcoBoost! Do the
EcoBoost!"

as for humiliating... Well, a couple of guys showed up a the local
track and apparently were unaware that the track require EVERYONE to
wear a helmet, so they ended up renting some from the track...
Guessing it was probably their first time at a track... Well,
eventually I timed it right and got to lined up against the guy with
a 4.6 S197 Mustang... Blew him off the line and proceed to run a 13.4
to his 14.2! I watch the guy as we pull back into the pits... He parks
his car... gets out... and the walks over and turned his helmet back
in... he was done... LOL

Can't wait until the tracks open in April!!!
Old January 11th 12, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Debbie

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-32...e-%C2%BC-mile/

> Patrick

Fun!!!

2009 Ford Flex Ad Vintage Auto Photos 0 January 19th 09 09:50 PM
Flex = New Explorer? CWLee Ford Explorer 1 August 24th 08 01:57 PM
Ford Flex for 2009 guest Auto Photos 2 April 6th 07 02:04 AM
BEWARE DRIVING ILLINOIS Arif Khokar Driving 3 February 28th 06 01:07 AM
BEWARE DRIVING ILLINOIS Thomas Avery Driving 0 February 25th 06 11:21 AM