Dipstick for ZC?

Old September 1st 05, 04:10 PM
Elle

Default Dipstick for ZC?

The site below says the JDM ZC was originally installed as follows:

ZC Honda CRX (JDM) 1990-1993
ZC Honda CRX Si16/1.6i (JDM) 1989-1992
ZC Honda CRX Si (JDM) 1985-1987
ZC Acura Integra (JDM) 1990-1993
ZC Acura Integra (JDM) 1986-1989
ZC Honda Civic Si (JDM) 1986-1987
ZC Honda Civic Si (JDM) 1988-1991

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/honda_engine_codes.html

They're not all 1.6L engines, as you may know. But comparing dipstick part
numbers at the online parts site below for the engines above that are 1.6 SI
(and even some, but not all, that are not) indicates they use the same
dipstick.

Go to the section labeled "cylinder block-oil pan" for each model above to
compare dipstick part numbers. So far, I'm seeing the same Majestic part
number (83302) across the above models that are 1.6L. Is your engine a 1.6
liter one?

With shipping/handling, the new OEM dipstick will run you altogether about
$20.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...artsSearch.jsp (Go in
with the "Choose Model" option).

Alternatively, this is a great opportunity to get to know your local
junkyards.

Online junkyards may also have a bargain price for these dipsticks, too.

Ebay has dipsticks for various cars, but they don't appear to be notably
less expensive than the new one above.

"David Barnett" > wrote