What's your longest one day Miata drive?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 26th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default What's your longest one day Miata drive?

Just for fun, and to see if anyone is still hanging around, I wondering what
people's longest, single day 'Miata drive' has been. I'm not talking about
jumping on the freeway and heading to a distant city but a drive just for
fun. It can include some highway driving (especially if you live in
level-land like Houston ;-).

I'm thinking of a drive I did a couple years ago that I'd like to do again.
I started in SW Houston, headed to Austin and ran the famous (now probably
'traffic calmed' to 30 mph) Lime Creek Road. Then headed out of Austin, NW
to Marble Falls and on to include Fredericksburg, Mason, Junction,
Kerrville, Medina, Vanderpool, Leaky and Utopia (it must have been named by
an early Miata guy ;-) Anyway, this caught most of the best driving roads
that I know about in the area. Then I did jump on I-10 and cruise straight
back in an effort to finish in one day but, iirc it was in the 700 to 750
mile range with a ton of slow, tight and twisty stuff. I wish I had the
route installed on some mapping program (I may have to do that). If you have
your favorite mapped that way, post it up here or just give us a rundown of
your endurance route ;-)

Later,
Chris
99BBB