GTL online work well?

Old October 19th 05, 04:36 PM
G. Patricks

Default GTL online work well?

Concidering ordering this from www.gogamer.com but read that SImbin's
network code is crappy in GTR, does this title share the same code? Or
am I mistaken about GTR?

Thanks
GPatricks
Old October 19th 05, 05:45 PM
Chad Rogers

There is a 16 player max with the multi, but the reports so far have been
very positive.

Old October 19th 05, 05:45 PM
Alan Bernardo

"G. Patricks" > wrote in message
> Concidering ordering this from www.gogamer.com but read that SImbin's
> network code is crappy in GTR, does this title share the same code? Or
> am I mistaken about GTR?
>
> Thanks
> GPatricks

I'm no expert here, but from my own experience with both GTR and GTL, GTL's
online is world's better. Since getting GTL, I've been on a few servers
here and there, with multiple cars, and things have good pretty well. Very
smooth. The same could be said for rFactor. But GTR wasn't very good.
Quite a bit of slowdown.

But please don't go on my word alone. That could be dangerous. Still,
from my limited experience and from what I've heard, GTL's code is better,
much better.

Stick around and see what others have to say.

Alanb

Old October 19th 05, 06:13 PM
Alan Bernardo

"Chad Rogers" > wrote in message
> There is a 16 player max with the multi, but the reports so far have been
> very positive.
>
> --

I was just on a German server with 16 players and it was pretty smooth.
During qualifying, however, I lost connection. Apparently so did everyone
else and soon the server was gone from the list. That probably was a
problem with the server. Good connection, even from so far away.

I'm running a 1200 Baud modem, too.

Alanb

Old October 19th 05, 11:43 PM
Steve Simpson

> I was just on a German server with 16 players and it was pretty smooth.
> During qualifying, however, I lost connection. Apparently so did
> everyone
> else and soon the server was gone from the list. That probably was a
> problem with the server. Good connection, even from so far away.
>
> I'm running a 1200 Baud modem, too.

A lot of people said GTR was good too when it was released but it
certainly wasn't so I'm extremely wary of GTL. There's a lot more to
multiplayer than just netcode.
Old October 20th 05, 02:58 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Steve Simpson" > wrote in message
newsp.sywz29wu2umb9s@redmist...
>> I was just on a German server with 16 players and it was pretty smooth.
>> During qualifying, however, I lost connection. Apparently so did
>> everyone
>> else and soon the server was gone from the list. That probably was a
>> problem with the server. Good connection, even from so far away.
>>
>> I'm running a 1200 Baud modem, too.

> A lot of people said GTR was good too when it was released but it
> certainly wasn't so I'm extremely wary of GTL. There's a lot more to
> multiplayer than just netcode.

I know it's early but the early returns are good, and I've had no problems
so far. Truly, GTL is quite a ride.

Alanb

Old October 20th 05, 07:19 AM
Sidney H Bridge

Steve Simpson wrote:
>> I was just on a German server with 16 players and it was pretty smooth.
>> During qualifying, however, I lost connection. Apparently so did
>> everyone
>> else and soon the server was gone from the list. That probably was a
>> problem with the server. Good connection, even from so far away.
>>
>> I'm running a 1200 Baud modem, too.

> A lot of people said GTR was good too when it was released but it
> certainly wasn't so I'm extremely wary of GTL.

Yeah, after all it might slaughter your family.
Old October 21st 05, 05:03 AM
Byron Forbes

"Sidney H Bridge" > wrote in message
> Steve Simpson wrote:
>>> I was just on a German server with 16 players and it was pretty smooth.
>>> During qualifying, however, I lost connection. Apparently so did
>>> everyone
>>> else and soon the server was gone from the list. That probably was a
>>> problem with the server. Good connection, even from so far away.
>>>
>>> I'm running a 1200 Baud modem, too.

>> A lot of people said GTR was good too when it was released but it
>> certainly wasn't so I'm extremely wary of GTL.

> Yeah, after all it might slaughter your family.

Tripe!

How To Get 1 Million Visitors Without Paying A Dime In Advertising SEVIL INCE Alfa Romeo 0 October 8th 05 09:56 AM
How To Get 1 Million Visitors Without Paying A Dime In Advertising SEVIL INCE Alfa Romeo 0 October 8th 05 09:40 AM
Body Work & Welders Rusted Jeep 19 February 11th 05 02:17 AM
Windshield washer does not work Papa VW water cooled 6 February 3rd 05 02:49 PM
WANT TO BUT A SPYDER......? Bagger Chrysler 0 January 13th 05 07:22 PM